Author Topic: Liberty demands siding with people more than deputies, half measures not a win  (Read 2878 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
https://www.opb.org/news/article/oregon-clackamas-sheriff-pulls-out-of-portland/

“There’s a perception that political ideology trumps public safety here,”

Though Clackamas County deputies will no longer service most calls in Portland, Roberts said they will still provide assistance to “any officer from any agency in immediate need of assistance.” He also said Clackamas deputies will continue work with TriMet on county matters and will deploy officers who work with special teams like SWAT on a “case-by-case basis.”

::facepalm::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
https://www.opb.org/news/article/oregon-clackamas-sheriff-pulls-out-of-portland/

Though Clackamas County deputies will no longer service most calls in Portland, Roberts said they will still provide assistance to “any officer from any agency in immediate need of assistance.” He also said Clackamas deputies will continue work with TriMet on county matters and will deploy officers who work with special teams like SWAT on a “case-by-case basis.”

The only thing worse than police over reacting is the police pulling back. See Ferguson MO.

Around here in MN the county seldom gets involved unless asked in cities having their own police. In my city w our own police  I never see a Ramsey County Sheriff. When I lived in the next burb over they did not have their own police so it was all Ramsey County.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!

The only thing worse than police over reacting is the police pulling back. See Ferguson MO.

Around here in MN the county seldom gets involved unless asked in cities having their own police. In my city w our own police  I never see a Ramsey County Sheriff. When I lived in the next burb over they did not have their own police so it was all Ramsey County.

I have a low opinion of RCS and I expect their pals across the river in Hennepin aren't any better...and I know for a fact that there have been (and likely still are) corrupt cops in St Paul...and since Minneapolis hires even worse fools for Chiefs there has to be some total tools over there too...not to mention murderous cultists eager to shoot unarmed women reporting crimes.

My policy...since I still have to commute and work in town...is trust no one.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.