Author Topic: As promised... Guitar Thread  (Read 5907 times)

Offline fordguy_85

As promised... Guitar Thread
« on: July 26, 2017, 12:55:54 AM »
Around January, I bought a custom "Swamp Ash" Stratocaster type guitar body routed to use a Telecaster bridge and pickup. After finishing it, I decided to attempt a 'from-scratch' build. I started out using a pine 2x8, but the body wasn't thick enough for the bridge I wanted to use. So I added a walnut cap to the top. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves, but feel free to ask any questions you may come up with, and I'll do my best to answer.

Hybrid Telecaster/Stratocaster
http://imgur.com/vxOAEnp

'From Scratch Build'
http://imgur.com/a/Komdq

As it sits currently...
http://imgur.com/nwrGlxZ
Eric Morgan
"Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed the conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" - Thomas Jefferson

"Opinions and instructions do not outmatch the Constitution. Against it, they are void." - Calvin Coolidge

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Re: As promised... Guitar Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 05:20:45 AM »
Nice!

"The Velvet Underground’s first album “The Velvet Underground & Nico” only sold a few thousand, but everyone who bought it formed a band."
~Brian Eno
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 07:24:43 AM »
Nice work...

Every time I see stuff like this I think... I really need to get a CNC table.. I know you didn't use one, but I would have to

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 10:01:22 AM »
What's the neck on the custom build?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 04:04:34 PM »
...but feel free to ask any questions you may come up with, and I'll do my best to answer.

1) Can you play it? ::popcorn::
2) Is there ANYTHING you can't do? You make baits, you forge steel, and now this????
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline fordguy_85

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 04:16:24 PM »
What's the neck on the custom build?

The neck is from a 2003 Highway One model USA Telecaster.

Trust me Alan, there's plenty I can't do 😂😂😂
Eric Morgan
"Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed the conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" - Thomas Jefferson

"Opinions and instructions do not outmatch the Constitution. Against it, they are void." - Calvin Coolidge

Offline fordguy_85

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 04:18:01 PM »
...but feel free to ask any questions you may come up with, and I'll do my best to answer.

1) Can you play it? ::popcorn::
2) Is there ANYTHING you can't do? You make baits, you forge steel, and now this????

1- I try to at least...

2- as above, there is plenty I can't do... Mrs fordguy will tell ya all kinds of stuff I apparently can't do. Dishes, mopping, etc lol
Eric Morgan

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 11:58:14 AM »
Fordguy has skills.   ::cool::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 07:01:18 PM »
Fordguy has skills.   ::cool::

Mad skillz at that. ::bows::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson