Author Topic: So cool  (Read 989 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
So cool
« on: July 27, 2017, 10:34:55 PM »
https://wondermachines.com/

My daughter may be trying to reverse engineer this for her science project this year.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: So cool
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 10:49:33 AM »
That is really cool. Is there any info on how it works? If I was going to guess, knowing a bit about waveform physics, I would say that they are using ultra-high frequency vibrations, slightly modulating the frequency in a pulse along a spectrum between two frequencies. If those frequencies are high enough (which it seems they would need to be in order to give the appearance of fluid motion), the vibration would be inaudible. No buzzing sound.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 10:58:56 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 09:01:15 AM »
They say noise is minimal, 30db, so yeah they are creating E-M resonance and using strobes to enhance the visual effect...you might have to tinker a bit with your materials but should be able to replicate the device....and for less than $300.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 11:37:47 AM »
So that explains how leftists, possessing the same relative IQ's of houseplants, can appear animated.