Author Topic: Better Call Saul  (Read 789 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Better Call Saul
« on: July 31, 2017, 09:27:54 AM »
Anybody watch the "Breaking Bad" prequel spinoff "Better Call Saul"? I'm finding it to be an absolutely fascinating drama with some of the best character acting I've ever seen on TV. It takes part in the "Breaking Bad" universe, and borrows many, many characters from that show. The casting is perfect, the acting is perfect, the dialog is fun, and the writing is, in my opinion, every bit as good as "Breaking Bad". It moves a lot slower, but somehow it is even more of a character-study than was "Breaking Bad", so the plot is really only there to serve the characters as a background against which we witness their transformation.

But it's not like you're watching a clone of that show, at all. It's the backstory of how Walter White's crooked lawyer Saul Goodman transforms from the pathetic but kindhearted Jimmy McGill, into the sleazebucket attorney Saul Goodman - and the backstory of how good-hearted grandpa and ex-cop Mike Ermantraut transforms into a cold-hearted thug for a Mexican cartel distributor.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 09:36:19 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson