Author Topic: What if there was an actual armed coup against Trump?  (Read 446 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
What if there was an actual armed coup against Trump?
« on: August 01, 2017, 08:24:41 AM »
Interesting read...

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2017/07/31/the-military-coup-against-donald-trump-of-2018-part-1-n2362183

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2017/08/01/the-military-coup-against-donald-trump-of-2018-part-2-n2362194

Part of me says "bring it!". 

I quibble a couple of key points...statist plotters surrendering?  Yeah, not seeing that.  Holding captives vs liquidating them?  And at the end...general commutations?  Deny the people swift treason trials and lots of hangings?  Yeah, eff that!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: What if there was an actual armed coup against Trump?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 11:43:13 AM »
Read both pieces this morning.

...  And at the end...general commutations?  Deny the people swift treason trials and lots of hangings?

I can see that being a general Fed policy ....... and the red-state folks properly taking local matters in hand.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: What if there was an actual armed coup against Trump?
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 07:54:01 PM »
Read the comments, especially from the second half. They're very enlightening in that a LOT of people are thinking about this possibility (eventuality?!). We're eight months into a new presidency and the left pretends that maybe today will be the day he's thrown out of office. We can't live like this. It's the polar opposite of healthy or normal.

As a consequence of the lefts tantrums, many on the right have chewed their patience right down to the bone. Enough is just about enough. As my dear of father would say, "You had best measure your next move carefully. If you keep this up I'll give you something to cry about."

You only tested that limit once.