Author Topic: Glen Campbell, 81  (Read 1168 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Glen Campbell, 81
« on: August 10, 2017, 08:51:38 AM »
I always liked "Witchita Lineman", "Southern Nights", and "Gentle On My Mind". Alzheimer's is awful.

http://www.glencampbell.com/glentraviscampbell
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Glen Campbell, 81
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 09:14:22 AM »
As a side note, apparently Glen Campbell and Alice Cooper were very good friends. When all is said and done, I think the life story of Alice Cooper may be among the most interesting and enigmatic of stories. Nothing about that guy fits a mold.

! No longer available
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 12:23:11 PM »
I agree with you about Cooper, I respect a guy who does his won thing and doesn't let himself be steered, bullied or pigeon-holed!

And Glen seemed a stand up guy.  Alzheimer's not a fun way to exit.  Seems like he's got a good family too.

R.I.P.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 06:00:56 PM »
  R.I.P. 
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 06:57:44 PM »
That Alice Cooper interview came down my Facebook feed, yesterday.  What a great interview.

RIP