Author Topic: Worth Reading  (Read 3629 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Worth Reading
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 12:02:02 PM »
Absolutely worth a read.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 12:08:43 PM »
Pretty much EXACTLY!

Here:

I was watching the Jeopardy College Championship a few days ago.  The players were all college students; one, a White, blonde young lady, the two others were young men, one of Indian (dot, not feather) descent and the other of some Middle Eastern descent.  One particular category designated (supposedly) well-known and familiar homilies or adages in which the object was to fill in the blank (the omitted word).  The two young men were at a loss except for one clue; the young lady correctly answered all the rest.  "He who laughs last, ___________ best".

The two young men are not American, despite being born here.  They do not share in what was once our common culture, their elders did not teach them these sayings, but, I suspect, passed down similar folk language from their old country and culture.

Mere citizenship does not a country make.  The Elites, the "we know better than you", have undone us.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 03:49:10 PM »
  I can see them not knowing that because the odds are that they have not been here long enough to even understand what it means./  They are legally citizens but it leaves a lot to learn that will only be learn on the streets and  on TV. They study  for the test and nothing else.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 05:01:09 PM »
  I can see them not knowing that because the odds are that they have not been here long enough to even understand what it means./  They are legally citizens but it leaves a lot to learn that will only be learn on the streets and  on TV. They study  for the test and nothing else.

In order for them to learn it, they would have to be a) eager to learn, and b) steeped in a culture determined to teach it to them.

As it is, the predominant culture now deems passing on American traditions, culture, colloquialisms, etc, to immigrants to be not only unnecessary, but offensive, presumptive, racist, and an indicator of Western imperialism.

Either that is somehow reversed, or it'll all be over sooner than we fear.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 05:34:12 PM »

In order for them to learn it, they would have to be a) eager to learn, and b) steeped in a culture determined to teach it to them.

As it is, the predominant culture now deems passing on American traditions, culture, colloquialisms, etc, to immigrants to be not only unnecessary, but offensive, presumptive, racist, and an indicator of Western imperialism.

Either that is somehow reversed, or it'll all be over sooner than we fear.

I learned it watching TV.  Now they get here and live in their hoods work with others that are like them and watch their tv stations .  They can't/won't ever learn. and lord knows we don't want to offend them and maybe we should find out who their heros are so we can put their statues up as we tear ours down.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 07:36:01 PM »

They were born here.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 09:26:31 PM »
<sarc>
Y'know...everytime I see a n*gger, it reminds me of the era of slavery. Why don't we simply eliminate all blacks...& do away with the hateful scourge they represent??
</sarc>

That sacrifice will ensure that all black lives matter!
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 09:50:24 PM »

They were born here.

Failure to assimilate their problem and a pain in the ass for us.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 12:03:18 PM »
As for the progressive stormtroopers out to destroy American history and culture...bleep them...un-assimilating whoever, bleep 'em...it is up to us to preserve our heritage and we will...

As for the civil war coming...it will look like what it looks like...

Those who are most deserving of robust kinetic engagement will receive preferential treatment, of that I am sure.

And fence-sitters will not be tolerated...just so those idiots are forewarned...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2017, 05:37:42 PM »
  Should we be discussing this on another thread?? Can people with access map out where we all live and how far we are from the center trying to map our distances so we can look at who goes where if it were to happen.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2017, 05:49:17 PM »
I don't know many like minded folk where I'm at (Ca), it would be nice to know, WTSHTF, that I have a location to try and get to where I can be of assistance to help end the libiot stranglehold.  I should be able to recover some of the stuff that went overboard in that terrible boating accident, if I try really hard.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2017, 08:22:45 PM »
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/iconoclasm-violence-statues/

Definitely worth reading once I got around to it, although I don't agree with his complete premise.
It should not be difficult to see that “rebellion” and the reasons for it. It would, indeed, be extraordinary and possibly unprecedented in human history if the profound demographic changes occurring in America did not generate reactions of various sorts. one very plausible reaction would be the emergence of exclusivist sociopolitical movements composed largely but not only of white males, primarily working-class and middle-class, protesting and attempting to stop or reverse these changes and what they believe, accurately or not, to be the diminution of their social and economic status, their loss of jobs to immigrants and foreign countries, the perversion of their culture, the displacement of their language, and the erosion or even evaporation of the historical identity of their country. Such movements would be both racially and culturally inspired and could be anti-Hispanic, anti-black, and anti-immigration. They would be the heir to the many comparable exclusivist racial and anti-foreign movements that helped define American identity in the past.

While I do think they're perverting our history and culture, I don't think immigrants have any effect on my (our?) social or economic status. I only have a problem with all of the ILLEGAL immigrants. The rest of it is accurate. There is no "Not". It's a fact.

Now to get to the rest of the reading....
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2017, 08:37:49 PM »
The heads of both google and youtube are not American by birth.  A clue, there, perhaps?

::thinking::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2017, 09:11:49 PM »
While I do think they're perverting our history and culture, I don't think immigrants have any effect on my (our?) social or economic status. I only have a problem with all of the ILLEGAL immigrants. The rest of it is accurate. There is no "Not". It's a fact.

I disagree and yours is an opinion, not fact, yes?

IMO, we have enough people here now, we don't need anymore unless it's within a super-special and unique criteria.

Almost anywhere/everywhere urban/semi-urban I go now, it's like being at the freakin' United Nations.  I don't like it and I shouldn't have to like it or live with it.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 09:16:05 PM by Pandora »

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2017, 10:49:57 PM »

IMO, we have enough people here now, we don't need anymore unless it's within a super-special and unique criteria.

Almost anywhere/everywhere urban/semi-urban I go now, it's like being at the freakin' United Nations.  I don't like it and I shouldn't have to like it or live with it.

I REALLY love it that Trump has the balls to just say outright that immigrants should meet a standard of usefulness to the United States before being allowed in. It's such damned common sense, the idea that millions oppose it is mind-numbing.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2017, 10:48:02 AM »

I REALLY love it that Trump has the balls to just say outright that immigrants should meet a standard of usefulness to the United States before being allowed in. It's such damned common sense, the idea that millions oppose it is mind-numbing.

They oppose it based on what they are told not the facts.  If you ask them to import poverty they don't like it but their argument is to quote the inscription on the Statue of Liberty.

Something you get for noting is worthless and that's how they got their citizenship so it has no value.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2017, 11:29:05 AM »
We don't have immigrants anymore, we have colonists. They setup enclaves which soon become full fledged parallel societies with their own quasi-legal institutions in conflict with our own. You can especially see this in Europe, where most large cities in Western Europe have No Go zones where Islamic rules apply. Try walking through those areas as a woman not covered up in a beekeeper suit, or walking a dog, or buying alcohol or pork. But it happens here too. Dearborn, Michigan might as well be Riyadh. Then there is the conversion of entire towns and cities into facsimiles of Tijuana.

I actually have more of a problem with legal immigration than illegal immigration.  Yes the latter is more sensational and it needs to be dealt with, but it's a trickle compared to the flood of legal immigrants. This idea that we are obligated to import infinity brown people forever is a wholly new concept. In the past we had waves of mass immigration from Ireland, Italy, etc, because they met an economic need. When the demand was met, we cut way back on yearly admissions. We should do that now. We don't need mass immigration now.

Plus we can't ignore the qualitative difference either. Irish and Italian immigrants come from the Western tradition with similarities that made them easy to assimilate. Irish and Italian immigrants came here because they wanted to become part of America and they did. This is not true with Pakis or Zulus and whatever else is coming in at a rate of over 1 million per year.

Immigration is overly romanticized in this country. That awful poem needs to be ripped off the Statue of Liberty, too. It was added years after the Statue was given to us by France.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2017, 11:51:17 AM »
The left conflates race with culture. I'm OK with the equality of race (in theory at least) but I'm not stupid enough to equate the relativity of cultures. The mainstream of American culture is pretty pathetic at the moment - no thanks to leftists! - but it is still head and shoulders above ANY islamic culture (is there even a discernible difference from islamic country to country?!). I do not regard them as equal to mine, I do not respect them, and I do not want them in my community.

If that makes me a bigot then I'll wear it like a crown of thorns.

This is why I applauded Trump's meritocracy-based immigration policy. It doesn't favor artificial race-based quotas or phony "refugee' groups that everyone knows are fronts for terrorists.

Even at that, the first rule is that immigrants must want to come here to absorb into our culture - not transplant their crappy culture onto our shores.