Author Topic: Letter to the NFL Commissioner  (Read 42895 times)

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
Letter to the NFL Commissioner
« on: August 27, 2017, 09:24:57 AM »
In my opinion, fairly long, but very well said -- Can be found by searching Jeffrey A./ Powers ,Col. USMC,ret.]

Commissioner,

I’ve been a season pass holder at Yankee Stadium, Yale Bowl and Giants Stadium.

I missed the ’90-’91 season because I was with a battalion of Marines in Desert Storm. 14 of my wonderful Marines returned home with the American Flag draped across their lifeless bodies. My last conversation with one of them, Sgt Garrett Mongrella, was about how our Giants were going to the Super Bowl. He never got to see it.

Many friends, Marines, and Special Forces Soldiers who worked with or for me through the years returned home with the American Flag draped over their coffins.

Now I watch multi-millionaire athletes who never did anything in their lives but play a game, disrespect what brave Americans fought and died for. They are essentially spitting in the faces and on the graves of real men, men who have actually done something for this country beside playing with a ball and believing they’re something special! They’re not! My Marines and Soldiers were!

You are complicit in this!

You’ll fine players for large and small infractions but you lack the moral courage and respect for our nation and the fallen to put an immediate stop to this. Yes, I know, it’s their 1st Amendment right to behave in such a despicable manner. What would happen if they came out and disrespected you or the refs publicly?

I observed a player getting a personal foul for twerking in the end zone after scoring. I guess that’s much worse than disrespecting the flag and our National Anthem. Hmmmmm, isn’t it his 1st Amendment right to express himself like an idiot in the end zone?

Why is taunting not allowed yet taunting America is OK? You fine players for wearing 9-11 commemorative shoes yet you allow scum on the sidelines to sit, kneel or pump their pathetic fist in the air. They are so deprived with their multi-million dollar contracts for playing a freaking game! You condone it all by your refusal to act. You’re just as bad and disgusting as they are. I hope Americans boycott any sponsor who supports that rabble you call the NFL. I hope they turn off the TV when any team that allowed this disrespect to occur, without consequence, on the sidelines. I applaud those who have not.

Legends and heroes do NOT wear shoulder pads. They wear body armor and carry rifles.

They make minimum wage and spend months and years away from their families. They don’t do it for an hour on Sunday. They do it 24/7 often with lead, not footballs, coming in their direction. They watch their brothers carted off in pieces not on a gurney to get their knee iced. They don’t even have ice! Many don’t have legs or arms.

Some wear blue and risk their lives daily on the streets of America. They wear fire helmets and go upstairs into the fire rather than down to safety. On 9-11, hundreds vanished. They are the heroes.

I hope that your high paid protesting pretty boys and you look in that mirror when you shave tomorrow and see what you really are, legends in your own minds. You need to hit the road and take those worms with you!

Time to change the channel.

Col Jeffrey A Powers USMC (Ret)

Vista, California

Marine Col. Jeffrey Powers Letter to NFL Commissioner-Authorship Confirmed!
Summary of eRumor:

Retired U.S. Marine Colonel Jeffrey A. Powers wrote a letter the NFL commissioner about players kneeling in protest during the playing of the national anthem.

The Truth:

Major Colonel Jeffrey A. Powers’ wrote an open letter to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell about the NFL’s handling of player protests during the national anthem.

The letter first appeared on discussion forums and veteran email groups. Then, Colonel Jeffrey Powers’ letter to the NFL commissioner started to go viral in September 2016 after Allen B. West, a former congressman and current outspoken conservative, posted it on his website.

The letter opens by Powers recalling how he missed the start of the 1990-1991 football season because he was serving with a battalion of Marines in Operation Desert Storm. Ultimately, 14 of Powers’ fellow Marines “returned home with the American flag draped across their lifeless bodies,” Powers wrote, and the last conversations he had with one of those fallen Marines was about the New York Giants:

Many friends, Marines, and Special Forces Soldiers who worked with or for me through the years returned home with the American Flag draped over their coffins.

Now I watch multi-millionaire athletes who never did anything in their lives but play a game, disrespect what brave Americans fought and died for. They are essentially spitting in the faces and on the graves of real men, men who have actually done something for this country beside playing with a ball and believing they’re something special! They’re not! My Marines and Soldiers were!

Powers goes on to write that the NFL commissioner is complicit in the protests because he’s happy to fine them for “small infractions” but lacks the “moral courage and respect” to put an immediate stop to the player protests:

I observed a player getting a personal foul for twerking in the end zone after scoring. I guess that’s much worse than disrespecting the flag and our National Anthem. Hmmmmm, isn’t it his 1st Amendment right to express himself like an idiot in the end zone?

Why is taunting not allowed yet taunting America is OK? You fine players for wearing 9-11 commemorative shoes yet you allow scum on the sidelines to sit, kneel or pump their pathetic fist in the air. They are so deprived with their multi-million dollar contracts for playing a freaking game! You condone it all by your refusal to act. You’re just as bad and disgusting as they are. I hope Americans boycott any sponsor who supports that rabble you call the NFL. I hope they turn off the TV when any team that allowed this disrespect to occur, without consequence, on the sidelines. I applaud those who have not.

Powers concludes his letter to the NFL commissioner by hoping that the NFL’s “high paid protesting pretty boys and (Goodell) look in the mirror” and see who they really are.

While we weren’t able to track down where the letter was first published, many of the biographical details in Colonel Jeffrey Powers’ biography match up. Powers is a veteran of Operation Desert Storm and commanded a 1,200-man Task Force in Saudi Arabia as part of the lead contingent of Operation Desert Shield, according to his bio at Bloomberg Business:

He was decorated for valor while serving as Operations Officer for the lead Task Force into Kuwait. He retired from the U.S. Marine Corps achieving the rank of Colonel. He held command assignments in Marine reconnaissance, light armor reconnaissance, a Dutch Marine rifle company, a U.S. Army Special Forces (Green Beret) training company, as well as an Officer in charge of Special Operations Training Group for the Marines on the west coast. He served as an Analyst for the U.S. Army’s Future Combat Systems at Boeing. He served as Chief Executive Officer of Domestic Energy Corp. until March 2008. Mr. Powers served as an Executive Officer of Eyemakers, Inc. He has been Chairman and Director of Homeland Security Technology Inc., since October 1, 2004. Colonel Powers is a graduate of Villanova University with a B.A. in Criminal Justice, an M.S. in Urban and Environmental Studies from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and an M.A. in National Security and Strategic Studies, Naval Warfare College, Newport, RI.

Given all that, we’re confirming the authorship of Colonel Jeffrey A. Powers’ letter to the NFL commissioner.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 09:38:54 AM by rustybayonet »
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Letter to the NFL Commissioner
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 08:03:34 PM »
 ::thumbsup::

I'd boycott the NFL if I had actually watched a game since the Vikings sold to an eastern sleazeball to threatened to leave if he wasn't giving a big fat welfare check.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 06:59:28 AM »
Yeah, I'm glad that crap got a new billion dollar stadium to showcase the latest iteration of over-paid under-performing SJW-warring assclowns without a clue!!!

/

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 12:17:55 PM »
Will the clueless ever figure out that kissing the asses of racist scumbag millionaires advocating the hatred of white people, the murder of police and the disparagement of those in the military while cheering on the same hate perpetrated by ignorant racist students and fascists on the streets wasn't a super duper swell principled stance after all...or will they continue to sit in their shyt and point figures at everybody else?

I bet the latter...

So, y'all NFL idjits know what you can do, right?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 01:35:25 PM »
The latest letter to the NFL comes not from a Colonel, but from a bunch of players petitioning them to name and support November as National Racial Grievance month.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/09/21/nfl-players-double-lobby-activism-awareness-month/

The NFL is over.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 07:50:12 PM »
Ignorance and foolishness can be cured... stupid and tribalism not so much.
 ::laserkill::

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 09:58:05 PM »
Unveiling a new hashtag:

#NiggersGonnaBeNiggers
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 06:42:40 AM »
I posted a league-wide screed against these millionaire Ameriphobes and suggested we change our ffl league name to something snarky, it's on ESPN so we'll see who kicks me out first...

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 11:48:14 AM »
“Anybody that don’t stand up for the anthem oughta be out of the country. Period. What got ’em where they’re at? The United States.”

When asked if a protester at Richard Petty Motorsports would be fired, he said, “You’re right.”

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-25/trump-escalates-war-nfl-early-tweetstorm

::whoohoo::

"It's a disgrace. It's disgusting. They're getting paid to do a job...to play ball and do whatever the fans want them to do."

"They're paying these guys to do a job.  They're not supposed to be involved in politics."

https://youtu.be/iuOU5e_UtoY

https://youtu.be/wIan2Zpg4YI

https://youtu.be/GSxeF68FRsk

https://youtu.be/A778dMvbrJg

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-25/anthem-protest

::clapping::

I love it!  People are fed up!  These a-holes are paid millions to play football and not become political agenda-spewing jackasses...they want to act like classless un-American c*******ers...let them do it on their own time, not when they're on the employers clock!!!!

::doublebird::  NFL Ameriphobes!

GTFO this country if it is so oppressive you disingenous little pansies!

Oh, and I have to find some appropriate crap to set fire this weekend!   ::bustamove::

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 12:15:05 PM »
Denver Broncos defensive end Derek Wolfe released a statement Sunday regarding his decision to stand during the national anthem following President Donald Trump's divisive comments on NFL players protesting, per Josina Anderson of ESPN:

"I stand because I respect the men who died in real battle so I have the freedom to battle on the field. Paying tribute to the men and women who have given their lives for our freedom is why I stand. But everyone these days likes to find a reason to protest and that's their right. It's America and you are free to speak your mind. I just feel it's disrespectful to the ones who sacrificed their lives and it's maybe the wrong platform. But like I said to each their own it's AMERICA! The greatest country in the world and if you don't think we are the greatest country in the world and you reside here, then why do you stay? A lot worse places in the world to call home. Proud to be an American."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2734831-derek-wolfe-explains-decision-to-stand-for-anthem-after-donald-trump-comments

::clapping::   ::victory::

Another hero...and his ass-wipe coach...Mike Tomlin is "distrurbed"?  Yeah, I guess he is at that!

Instead, Villanueva, a former US Army captain and an Army Ranger who earned a Bronze Star for valor in serving three tours of duty in Afghanistan, emerged from the tunnel to stand with much of the crowd during “The Star-Spangled Banner.” He instantly became a cult hero, his jersey becoming the sixth-best-selling on the NFL website not even 24 hours removed from existing in offensive-line obscurity.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/25/steelers-confused-about-players-public-anthem-salute/

Villanueva recounted the Aug. 25, 2011 story of his valor in a 2014 interview with ESPN. The former Army Ranger’s unit described being tipped off at night to the presence of multiple Taliban in a nearby Kandahar village. When his unit arrived he found no Taliban and began questioning an Afghan elder.

From that point ESPN described the night:

“As the elder began to explain, Villanueva and his troops were ambushed by as many as eight Taliban militants in a spray of bullets.” Spc. Martin Piggott was shot in the kneecap. Sgt. Roy Dutton was shot in the back of the leg. Army Pvt. 1st Class Jesse Dietrich was shot near the armpit. Under heavy fire, Villanueva pulled the wounded Dietrich down an alley and into a second mosque, where a medic took over. Villanueva returned to fight, but when he came back to check on the injured soldiers, the medic told him they needed to move the wounded to a safer location. Carrying Piggott on his shoulders, Villanueva took the three to a nearby school, where they waited for a helicopter that would transport the wounded to the city of Kandahar. “Help me, sir,” Dietrich cried to Villanueva. “He was pretty scared,” Villanueva said. “He kept asking for help.” By the time Villanueva lifted Dietrich onto the helicopter, his eyes were purple. He died a short time later.  “As the platoon leader, I feel responsible for everything my platoon does or fails to do,” Villanueva said. “I failed to keep Jesse Dietrich safe, and you know, it was just tough. … I keep thinking of other ways I would have done it, but it was a very tough mission and the enemy beat us that day. It was just a really bad night.”
Villanueva went on to serve two additional tours in Afghanistan before starting his NFL career by signing a contract with the Philadelphia Eagles in 2014.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/25/heres-how-alejandro-villanueva-earned-the-bronze-star/?utm_source=site-share

Yeah, you brave principled a-holes, don't stand for them!

Or these -

You proud Kneelers...

...keep kneeling in honor of those idiot criminals bitching over NOTHING to do with race!

Keep it up, a-holes!

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 05:35:09 PM »
I posted a league-wide screed against these millionaire Ameriphobes and suggested we change our ffl league name to something snarky, it's on ESPN so we'll see who kicks me out first...

I'm still on...

I changed my team particulars to honor this man, a real hero and great American...unlike the kneeling rabble in the professional sports ranks!

https://infogalactic.com/info/Robert_L._Howard

http://rlhtribute.com

::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 06:55:36 PM »
  They love to talk about what POTUS said but I have to ask when did he lose his 1st amendment rights?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2017, 08:22:27 PM »
I'm seriously done with the NFL.  I just don't see any circumstances that can make me GAS about them again.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2017, 07:03:02 AM »
I'm seriously done with the NFL.  I just don't see any circumstances that can make me GAS about them again.

I've been done with them for almost 10 yrs. Gave up college ball about 5 yrs ago. Can't say I miss any of it.

If my kids or grandkids aren't playing in it, I'm not interested.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2017, 07:44:22 AM »
More time to clean guns...shoot guns...lose them in a boating accident...get new guns...shoot guns...clean guns...

Thanks jackasses!!!

::thumbsup::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2017, 08:37:00 AM »
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2017, 11:03:21 AM »
I mentioned to my wife last week that this would start spreading to campuses...

University Of Michigan Student Kneels For 20 Hours In Protest On Campus Diag

...not that college women on their knees is anything, uhm...new!  ;)

(fond memories of my Rutgers fraternity days...)
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2017, 12:08:57 PM »
Ha!  What a bunch of clowns!

We're getting our asses kicked here!!!  Obviously it isn't what we are doing or who we are supporting or not supporting or disparaging...obviously it is merely a message problem!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-26/nfl-posts-job-ad-crisis-communications-strategist-advise-league-executives

::hysterical::   ::rolllaughing::   ::laughonfloor::

Running the DemoProg handbook, yeah, it's worked so well for them, eh?! 

::laughonfloor::   ::laughonfloor::   ::laughonfloor::

What a bunch of insane jackasses!

Good luck trying to repair your sh*t image, it is well-earned!!!

VFW & AL are po'd!

NFL ratings continue to test new lows!

Businesses pulling ads featuring kneeling ignoramuses!

Fine-Happy & Suspension-Happy NFL...not going to do shat to clean up their national anthem image!  They should have their monopoly status revoked!
 And all military ads on the networks showing these a-holes should cease!

It is ONLY blacks and those gutless clowns cowering under their skirts that are raising RACE in this BS...it's about respect and honor and country...these a-holes are showing who the real racists are!

Yes,
 USAA, Navy Federal Credit Union, everybody associated with the military should STOP giving one damn cent to these Ameriphobes!

IMO those in an honor guard seeing these douchebags drop to a knee would be justified in stomping their asses...but we know unlike these ignorant turds the service people have too much class and honor for that.  After the game though...see one on the street...

::asskicking::

Yup.  That new Propaganda Czar, yup, that's all y'all need...

/

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2017, 03:49:45 PM »

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2017, 05:43:43 PM »
The NFL couldn't have handled this any worse then they did. 

What an accomplishment.   

I bet Rush Limbaugh is glad they blocked him from buying the RAMS ha ha.