Author Topic: These voters are tasting betrayal. They will not vote to swallow more vomit.  (Read 11450 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/27/exclusive-brent-bozell-the-slow-death-of-the-republican-party/

Yup.  And they won't learn a gaddmned thing from this painful life lesson either!

Bleep it, they're done!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
Here in AL, we have a 'appointed' Senator, Luther Strange [in my opinion name fits] appointed to finish Sessions term - that in the primary was beaten by Judge Roy Moore 38% - 42%. Anyway, with a total of 5 running there will be a run off in Sept. between the two.  While Strange was Attorney General here he sat on the impeachment information against former governor Bentley, who just happened to appoint Strange prior to his resignation as governor.  Roy Moore for those who don't remember, put it all on the line about removing the 'Ten Commandments' plaques from the state buildings years ago and was removed from office has Chief Justice of the state Supreme Court, re-elected by majority a few years later, as Chief Justice - only to be removed again on 'trumped' up charges. With all the money Strange is spending here, I sure hope "Constitution" enforcer Roy Moore beats the sno*t out of Strange, like Trump did to Billerry .
As for my local 'congressman' Palmer - many here that I've talked to feel the same - in his two terms he has done nothing, so it's time to cut the chain, and get someone new
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
More betrayal...

http://iotwreport.com/paul-ryans-gop-quietly-boosts-h-2b-visa-worker-program/

Republicrats/Demonicans...wtf difference does it make?   ::whatgives::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
They all got to GO.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
  You have to cut off the heads to kill snakes.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Well, the primary snake population in the swamp is 535...then there's the little snakes throughout the entire bureaucracy which is about 10,000 times that...I'm not saying snake heads shouldn't be cut, I just want to put the number out there...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/352410-roy-moore-pulls-out-gun-while-speaking-at-rally

Heh, if I had a vote, he'd get it...

Not that voting matters much to me anymore...

And the bonus -

https://www.wsj.com/articles/mitch-mcconnells-stature-left-bruised-by-alabama-runoff-health-bill-woes-1506423603

“Mitch McConnell and his permanent political class is the most corrupt, incompetent group of individuals in this country!”

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-26/angry-steve-bannon-blasts-nfl-and-mitch-mcconnell-predicts-day-reckoning-republicans

Aye!

Bleep the E-GOP!   ::vafancoul::
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 11:39:56 AM by Libertas »

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
Looks like Judge Roy Moore has won - one finish gives 59% Moore - 41% Strange.  Saw one station that reported his win, but I'm still watching the local news on shortly.
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
Big smile here .  Judge Roy Moore WON 56% -44% with 63% of votes in, prediction - from Fox not enough votes left for Strange, so he just conceded.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
This is causing many a GOP establishment sphincter to tighten this evening. 
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
Re: These voters are tasting betrayal. They will not vote to swallow more vomit.
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2017, 09:43:28 PM »
Strange had nothing but attack ads aimed at Roy Moore, with no agenda to back it up.  Also Moore found out that Washington Senators gave Strange millions for his campaign to defeat Moore.  Everyone I talked to was tired of all the negative lies from the Strange camp.  I had the good fortune of talking with the judge before the primary at a local rally , and the things he told me and the group came true, no matter how many lies thrown at him, he stayed with his agenda without the negativity.  There are two books he follows - the Bible and the Constitution.

Offline richb

• Established Member
Re: These voters are tasting betrayal. They will not vote to swallow more vomit.
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2017, 09:58:45 PM »
Judge Moore in the Senate,  that will be something.   

Should be able to beat the Democrat,  provided he doesn't get out maneuvered somehow (very possible unfortunately,  as Indiana and Missouri found out).   

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2017, 12:12:56 AM »
Moore should be able to beat the Dem. But prepare yourself. Roy Moore is about to be "Todd Akined" by the GOP establishment. They'd rather have the Democrat.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2017, 07:55:17 AM »
Yes, my appreciation is tempered by the fact that as IDP stated, I think the Establishment will align both their wings and unite to destroy Moore...they cannot have those kind of Judeo-Christian morals in the United States Senate...My God (the Establishment will wail) "How can the Senate function or reach any kind of bipartisan cooperation with such a rabidly moral and principled member like Moore mucking everything up?!"...

I think the only answer for Moore is to not trust any Establishment person or group, enter this as a battle against evil, fight like Trump did...listen to what Steve Bannon has for advice and stay on offense!  That is probably the only way...

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2017, 10:28:19 AM »
Moore should be able to beat the Dem. But prepare yourself. Roy Moore is about to be "Todd Akined" by the GOP establishment. They'd rather have the Democrat.

I'm giving the voters more credit than that.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2017, 10:39:31 AM »
My hope is that Alabama making this change to Judge Moore does work, getting rid of a swamp rat.  Even though I'm  told his Dem. opponent in Nov. is well liked [ right now AL has a Rep. majority in the entire state].  It seems to be a single step forward.  Now if every state would make just one move in the same direction, both in the House and the Senate - it could really make a difference.  Unfortunately the air heads out there have a very short memory, voting with their arse and not their minds [good old 'dumbing down America] - so we'll see in Nov. if the country is really waking up or it's just a pipe dream.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2017, 11:44:26 AM »
My hope is that Alabama making this change to Judge Moore does work, getting rid of a swamp rat.  Even though I'm  told his Dem. opponent in Nov. is well liked [ right now AL has a Rep. majority in the entire state].  It seems to be a single step forward.  Now if every state would make just one move in the same direction, both in the House and the Senate - it could really make a difference.  Unfortunately the air heads out there have a very short memory, voting with their arse and not their minds [good old 'dumbing down America] - so we'll see in Nov. if the country is really waking up or it's just a pipe dream.

Don't count on Minnestupid!  Are you familiar with Al (Diapers) Franken and Amy (Clueless) Klobuchar?

:o   ::bus::

And any replacement is more likely than not to be just as fricken demonic!

Pipe dream it is...

::cussing::

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2017, 12:57:13 PM »
Don't count on Minnestupid!  Are you familiar with Al (Diapers) Franken and Amy (Clueless) Klobuchar?

Yep the not funny comic - and the box of rocks ..

To many [lights on, nobody home] there, but still wishful thinking [hoping more like it]

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2017, 02:04:17 PM »

I'm giving the voters more credit than that.

I'm hoping you're right, but keep prayin', just in case.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2017, 04:12:18 PM »
Moore has to watch his back.    He won't be helped by the EGOP and the media will be looking to trip him up at every opportunity.    All it will take is ONE line to end your campaign. 

Remember Richard Mourdock in Indiana had a sizeable lead in the Senate race,  until the media soundbited him.   Same with  Todd Akin  in Missouri.   Both had they not been soundbited would be Senators today (and we would have had to two votes to kill obamacare).