Author Topic: Vague Food Found Inside the Food Lion (NC)  (Read 2351 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Vague Food Found Inside the Food Lion (NC)
« on: May 20, 2011, 02:18:45 PM »
Hey, VanDerLeun's making fun of Neese's sausage!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Vague Food Found Inside the Food Lion (NC)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 02:48:12 PM »
I don't know neese's sausage but we never went camping or on vacation without mom having a few cans of Vienna sausages packed. And what is packaged as french twirls we called cream horns and I LOVED those things.

We ate spam, corned beef hash, and Kraft pineapple cream cheese (in glass not the plastic tubs) -- they usually showed up in our vacation meals --easy to pack I guess.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 03:07:02 PM »
Neese's sausage is great!  Comes in a block, no casing and no junk - (is "natural flavors" junk? Ok, a little bit of unknown, then); pork of several cuts, salt, spices and no preservatives; comes fresh, not frozen.

And no damn seeds!  I hate Italian sausage because of the seeds and the casing and until I stumbled across Neese's I thought I just hated all sausage.

I use it to stuff chicken breasts, and to mix in with beef and rice for stuffed peppers, and sliced and fried up with eggs.

We stashed away some "vague" canned meat in the preps; Viennies, Underwood Deviled Spread, Spam and Armour Canned Ham.

As it turns out, good thing I had the Underwood Chicken Spread on hand; it was the only thing the puker-cat would eat for two days.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 07:13:05 PM »
Pandora, did you see the nice essay about his trip to North Carolina after that post?  It's a rerun from 2007, but worth a look if you haven't seen it before.

Grace in the Blue Ridge Mountains
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 09:07:42 PM »
lovely use of words
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 09:21:02 PM »
Pandora, did you see the nice essay about his trip to North Carolina after that post?  It's a rerun from 2007, but worth a look if you haven't seen it before.

Grace in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Yes, I did, first two times 'round.  :)  And it is a loverly use of words.