Author Topic: Farrakhan???  (Read 1853 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Farrakhan???
« on: August 29, 2017, 01:02:33 AM »
To say I'm skeptical is a massive understatement. It seems like I must be missing some context... like, he's quoting somebody else, or something. But watch the video at the link and decide for yourself. The criminal on the cross next to Jesus was saved at the hour of his death with a mere recognition of Jesus as Lord. God can do anything...

Louis Farrakhan Declares Jesus is his ‘Redeemer’, Says he Has to ‘Pay for What he’s Been Teaching All These Years’
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Farrakhan???
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 01:24:23 AM »
Yeah, okay; what does he want from us now?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 07:13:51 AM »
The Lord may work in mysterious ways...but his aim is true (by your works ye shall know them)...Satan on the other hand is one devious bastard...

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 07:33:41 AM »
"Fine speech, now what do we do?" (Stephen to William Wallace, in Braveheart)

Let's observe the walk.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 11:38:31 AM »
All valid critiques. That said, he wouldn't be the first sinful man to take a reckoning at the end of his life and reconcile his sins at the foot of the cross. But I'm skeptical like you guys are.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 09:37:18 PM »
All valid critiques. That said, he wouldn't be the first sinful man to take a reckoning at the end of his life and reconcile his sins at the foot of the cross. But I'm skeptical like you guys are.

We shall see. It shouldn't take long. It's only in his words and his actions.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson