Topics > History

History research

(1/3) > >>

rustybayonet:
Since history is hardly taught in school anymore, I started a history research project to give to my grandkids [if I can live that long].  Have already printed every years calendar from 1770 through 2025.  Now doing the months of each year and bringing in as many family births and facts that I have from my genealogy research plus other important facts of history for each day.  Hope this old fart hasn't bite off more than I can chew ...  ::oldman:: ::whatgives::

Libertas:
Chewing will be dependent upon how big a family you have!  History happens every day...your denominator will determine your workload!

Good luck!

rustybayonet:
Dad had eleven brothers and sisters, need big bite for just that.  Mom one brother, wife was only child.  Mom's side was some of the founding fathers of our hometown, in early 1800's.  If I had stayed there I was fifth generation in one of the home town churches -- looks like trouble to me.
Oh well spent over 5 years doing research on Presidents for the grandkids, and 5 1/2 years on Bible studies, two years during study on First Ladies, and don't know how long it's been on presidential contenders, so l guess it proves I'm a gluten for punishment, but it keeps me off the street at night ....  ::thinking::

Alphabet Soup:

--- Quote from: rustybayonet on August 29, 2017, 09:06:31 PM ---Dad had eleven brothers and sisters, need big bite for just that.  Mom one brother, wife was only child.  Mom's side was some of the founding fathers of our hometown, in early 1800's.  If I had stayed there I was fifth generation in one of the home town churches -- looks like trouble to me.
Oh well spent over 5 years doing research on Presidents for the grandkids, and 5 1/2 years on Bible studies, two years during study on First Ladies, and don't know how long it's been on presidential contenders, so l guess it proves I'm a gluten for punishment, but it keeps me off the street at night ....  ::thinking::

--- End quote ---

It was just the opposite with my folks. My dad had a brother, eleven years younger than him, and my mom came from a family with eight brothers and two sisters.

Libertas:
It's OK Rusty...I'll pick up your slack on the street...  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version