Topics > History

History research

<< < (2/3) > >>

rustybayonet:
Knew I could count on you Libertas -- Thanks, wouldn't them to fall into disrepair with all the airheads roaming wild ... ::cool::

rustybayonet:
Back again  - This craziness I started about history of the country, has sent me back to school [A college that takes no federal dollars, so is not held hostage by uncle sam] Taken classes in Constitution,  Presidency and Constitution and now what may be my undoing -- the Federalist Papers / Anti-Federalist Papers.

Pandora:
Hang in there.  And good for you.

patentlymn:

--- Quote from: rustybayonet on May 14, 2018, 04:08:46 PM ---Back again  - This craziness I started about history of the country, has sent me back to school [A college that takes no federal dollars, so is not held hostage by uncle sam] Taken classes in Constitution,  Presidency and Constitution and now what may be my undoing -- the Federalist Papers / Anti-Federalist Papers.

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, as far as the law goes, if the SCOTUS says 2 + 2 = 5 then it does equal 5.
I took 2 semesters of constitutional law. It was not taught from history or first principles. It was taught like case law.

Weisshaupt:

--- Quote from: rustybayonet on May 14, 2018, 04:08:46 PM ---Back again  - This craziness I started about history of the country, has sent me back to school [A college that takes no federal dollars, so is not held hostage by uncle sam] Taken classes in Constitution,  Presidency and Constitution and now what may be my undoing -- the Federalist Papers / Anti-Federalist Papers.

--- End quote ---

I highly recommend the Library of America's two volume set of the Debates on the Constitution. Far more comprehensive than just the federalist and anti-federalst letters ( though they are in there)

https://www.amazon.com/Debate-Constitution-Federalist-Anti-Federalist-Ratification/dp/1598534114/ref=sr_1_sc_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1526350693&sr=8-3-spell&keywords=library+of+america+debte+constittuion

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version