Author Topic: It's stuff like this that just torks me off to no end!  (Read 4111 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
It's stuff like this that just torks me off to no end!
« on: September 01, 2017, 08:09:39 AM »
A GOP lawmaker's suggestion that Wikileaks founder Julian Assange could be pardoned by President Trump is being eyed warily by people in the intelligence community.

While a pardon for Assange seems unlikely, it's hardly impossible considering Trump's praise for Wikileaks and Assange's own efforts to question U.S. intelligence that Russia sought to influence last year's election.

As such, the idea is being taken seriously in intelligence quarters.

“It would send a terrible message to the intelligence community,” said Robert Deitz, a former senior counselor to the director of the Central Intelligence Agency and general counsel at the National Security Agency.

Deitz currently works as a Professor at George Mason University’s Schar School of Policy and Government.

“What moral are people supposed to draw from that? Why on earth would you believe Julian Assange before the intelligence community?”

Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-Calif.), who has come under scrutiny for his own ties to Russia, is behind the Assange pardon push.

The deal Rohrabacher is trying to cut: pardon Assange in exchange for information he claims proves Russia did not collude with the Trump campaign during the 2016 presidential race.

The California Republican became the first U.S. lawmaker to meet with Assange at the Ecuadorian embassy in London early last month, where Assange has been holed up for years in an attempt to avoid arrest. Rohrabacher claims Assange offered him "firsthand" evidence during the meeting that would prove there was no collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia during the race.

Earlier this week, Rohrabacher claimed a meeting is in the works between himself and the president to discuss Assange's information and a potential pardon.

Trump showed he is willing to flex his pardoning power last week when he announced he would pardon Joe Arpaio, the controversial former sheriff of Maricopa County, Ariz.

The decision has stirred speculation in Washington over how the president will use the authority in the future, and with Assange, some suggest a pardon could be self-serving for Trump who has cast doubt on the NSA, CIA, FBI and Office of the Director of National Intelligence.

He’d show that he’d do anything to skate out of the not just allegation, but clear fact of Russia’s involvement [in the election]. That would be appalling,”
said Glenn Carle, a 23-year veteran of the CIA’s clandestine services who finished up his career as deputy national intelligence officer for transnational threats on the National Intelligence Council.

However, unlike Arpaio, Assange hasn't actually been charged or convicted of any wrongdoing by the United States. Officials have suggested for months that Assange could be charged at any time, but it still hasn't happened.

“It would be extremely unusual to pardon someone who hasn’t been charged,” said Margaret Love, who served as the Department of Justice pardon attorney between 1990 and 1997. 

Love noted that some of the only cases where people who had not been charged with a crime were pardoned included former President Gerald Ford's pardon of still-uncharged former President Richard Nixon after Watergate; President Carter's pardon of Vietnam draft dodgers; and President Reagan's pardon of illegal immigrants.

Former members of the intelligence community told The Hill that such a pardon of Assange would also come with serious consequences.

“By serving the system, you undermine your values. By speaking out, you’re betraying your oath. I spent a career getting people in that situation to commit treason,” said Carle. 

A pardon would also likely be interpreted as a slap in the face to the intelligence community as it continues to lick wounds caused by a culture of leaking.

“Leaks are harmful,” said Deitz. “They can end up with people getting killed or losing access to other sources.”

Michael Borohovski, a former intelligence contractor currently at a cybersecurity firm he founded, Tinfoil Security, similarly said that such a pardon would reinforce the idea that it is okay to leak.

“Assange allegedly was involved with a few of the largest intelligence leaks of all time. Pardoning him would make it seem okay,” Borohovski said.

http://thehill.com/policy/technology/348773-could-trump-pardon-assange

God, I hate these people and their smug holier-than-thou attitude!  What a bunch of goddamned self-serving assholes!

Everything I highlighted reveals their bias and disdain for outsiders, and by outsiders I mean everybody NOT THEM!  The underlined parts are to me the most offensive elements of their elitist statist arrogance!

First - Pushing the complete BS that Trump or Russia had jack sh*t to do with this election...that entire meme is DOA and everybody with an axe to grind with Trump is trotting that dreck out time and time again...proof of the Goebbels Principle of repeating the big lie enough times until people either resign to believe it or resign to not argue against it!  f**k that and f**k you!

How about CIA stooge Bezos and the smear job going against the DNC suit? Like ignoring the entire Pbama treason and the walking national security breach called Hillary Clinton, that's OK and no threat to America, let's make sh*t up about Trump and demonize people looking at real sh*t!  That's your plan?

Second - sh*tting on Assange as if offering people a deal to prosecute cases is something novel and can only applied one direction!  What a bunch of petulant little pricks!  You are NOT special, you are just another citizen with a government job, a job you are supposed to be unbiased in the conduct of your duties to the nation, not your agency and yourselves you cocksucking spoiled brat!

Third - Like the above, you are NOT and your water carriers in the Fake News outlets are NOT the final arbiters of the Executive use of pardons, so STFU and STFD!  You and your so-called "Intelligence Community" didn't seem too concerned about Dear Leader Obama's pardons of criminal scum by the score let alone the trade of dedicated jizzlamic terrorist scum for that trans-traitor-defector Bergdahl!  Arpaio, Assange?  Jizzlamic terrorists and Bergdahl?  Are you f**king sh*tting me? 

Fourth - What message does it send to the "Intelligence Community"?  Seriously?  The same "Intelligence Community" that according to your pals in the Fake News circles have repeated often as outlined in FP here that include: Pearl Harbor, Bay of Pigs, Tet, Yom Kippur War, Iranian Revolution, Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan, Collapse of the Soviet Union, Indian Nuclear Test, 9/11 & Iraq.  I would toss in that Paki Dr Manhattan, Norks, tHugo, Jizzlamic attacks on embassy's and ships by the score!  Which of our 17 IC agencies or their predecessors screwed these pooches?  I have no doubt this Russia/Trump BS will be added to the list...and you assholes want a brawl over this because God-forbid people see your dirty laundry aired for lesser beings to see, eh?  f**k you!

Lastly - Leaks are harmful...no sh*t?  But leaks that work to your advantage and advance your agenda no matter who they hurt (like we the people or Trump) is OK...all other leaks are "bad!" huh?  Jesus, assholes like you give the "Intelligence Community" a real f**king bad name!  It is you, it is your agenda, it is your arrogance and disdain for being held accountable that is hurting your community!

The Republic is broken, departments and agencies are off the reservation, the Fourth Estate is corrupt...and the Intelligence Community would rather see a coup d'etat than admit any kind of failure...

::upsidedownflag::

This fraud cannot end soon enough...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 07:10:46 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: It's stuff like this that just torks me off to no end!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 09:13:21 AM »
I think Trump should pardon him.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 01:49:08 PM »
I think Trump should pardon him.

From what I saw of the interview of Dana Rorabacker(sp?) if Assange gave a public accounting of what he knows the dems  would have to leave the country for Argentina and our intelegence people would have a lot of splaining to do if not go to Argentina themselves.

I hope he does pardon him and puts him on national television.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 02:26:45 PM »
Gotta love how they whine about it exposing us to danger.  From what I can tell, the "intelligence community" is more of a danger to America than any leaker.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 03:27:31 PM »
Gotta love how they whine about it exposing us to danger.  From what I can tell, the "intelligence community" is more of a danger to America than any leaker.

That's because they are worse than the leakers they are the ones covering up their mistakes and their on purpose sins.  They prefer to treat us like children.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 04:49:51 PM »

That's because they are worse than the leakers they are the ones covering up their mistakes and their on purpose sins.  They prefer to treat us like children.

That's what outrages me almost more than anything else.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 04:56:25 PM »
  Amen sister!!
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 07:11:59 AM »
Let's see how they feel when we treat them like traitors!

One could argue quite successfully they are traitors!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 07:12:48 AM »
IMO people are nucking futs if they don't take this deal...

https://pjmedia.com/video/julian-assange-says-will-provide-evidence-russia-narrative-false-exchange-pardon/

...it might be the only way this bogus Russia/Trump crap ends!

So, I guess we'll see what we see...

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2017, 09:52:08 AM »

https://pjmedia.com/video/julian-assange-says-will-provide-evidence-russia-narrative-false-exchange-pardon/

Cheap enough!
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2017, 10:25:08 AM »

That's assuming they want it to end.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2017, 11:14:43 AM »

That's assuming they want it to end.

The dems don't ever want it to end for them they think it's a winner.
 Filippo Mazzie