Author Topic: Irma  (Read 18123 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Irma
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2017, 11:56:33 AM »
H/T - IOTW

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2017, 12:11:05 PM »
More?  OK...how about this -

https://www.weaselzippers.us/356575-irma-looters-busted-after-getting-filmed-by-tv-crew/

::bus::

Man, some people are beyond ordinary stupid!   ::hysterical::

TPC weighs in...

::laughonfloor::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2017, 12:15:41 PM »

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2017, 12:42:21 PM »
Black Lives Matter convoy to assist those homeless in Texas and Florida, lead by Jesse Jackson
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2017, 01:33:01 PM »
Heh - Rush just postulated that, with 1/2 of Florida without power...whether that non-use of fossil fuel will be enough to reduce the climate & thus help the state avoid any future hurricanes.

I love his reverse meme engineering as a weapon against libiots!
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2017, 05:48:30 PM »
JF checked in tonight; they're fine.  Lost one tree and he threw out his back while dealing with it today.  Also phone landline is down.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2017, 07:44:08 PM »
Great to hear another made it through the mess.   ::clapping::
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2017, 11:41:58 AM »
He must be without power though and on generators I am guessing...else we would have seen him log in.

Hopefully he's healed up and back to normal lickitysplit! 

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2017, 12:02:40 PM »
JF checked in tonight; they're fine.  Lost one tree and he threw out his back while dealing with it today.  Also phone landline is down.

Hope he can get ice - always helps me in between shots when my back is hurting.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2017, 12:29:24 PM »
  Thanks guys never lost power lost the land line. Big tree down but will ghet rid of it it's just going to take longer with my back out but it has to happen.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2017, 12:59:32 PM »
Oh, well...don't over do it!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2017, 01:16:44 PM »
He must be without power though and on generators I am guessing...else we would have seen him log in.

Hopefully he's healed up and back to normal lickitysplit!

He said the power flickered but hadn't gone off.  His landline is out; maybe he's lacking internet access on account of that.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2017, 01:17:12 PM »
Ah, there ya go.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2017, 02:18:31 PM »
 Done picking up for today now I need to get my chainsaw going that should be fun it hasn't run in 12 years.. If it starts fine if not I'll be buying a new on but not sure what brand I hate buying junk but been out of the market for a long time .
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2017, 04:56:43 PM »
Glad you and yours are ok John.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2017, 06:11:34 PM »
We have a little Echo at the lake...it works well enough on smaller trees and brush and such...for hardcore cutting when we had our storms nail us several years ago my neighbor had something that just sliced through even fat juicy sap-ladden pine trees of enormous girth like a hot knife thorugh butter!  I think is was a Jonsered...fricken thing was awesome.  I've known people with Stihl's that work OK, I've heard people praise and curse Husqvarna...Echo makes larger models and I wouldn't be opposed to getting one...our little guy starts easy, run good and have had no problems...it's just undersized for taking on larger trees.  But get gas...those electric jobbies are for pillow-biters!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2017, 06:58:47 PM »
We have a little Echo at the lake...it works well enough on smaller trees and brush and such...for hardcore cutting when we had our storms nail us several years ago my neighbor had something that just sliced through even fat juicy sap-ladden pine trees of enormous girth like a hot knife thorugh butter!  I think is was a Jonsered...fricken thing was awesome.  I've known people with Stihl's that work OK, I've heard people praise and curse Husqvarna...Echo makes larger models and I wouldn't be opposed to getting one...our little guy starts easy, run good and have had no problems...it's just undersized for taking on larger trees.  But get gas...those electric jobbies are for pillow-biters!

That was what was considered the pro saw years ago but I haven't seen anything on them for years.  I'll check.  It looks like Husvarna has something to do with them because they service the saws.  They may have bought them out I don't know.  Tractor supply carries the brand.  For a model CS 250S is on sale for 350.00 18 inch bar.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 07:27:13 PM by John Florida »
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2017, 07:44:17 PM »
  Stihl  ms291 very close is 100. more.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2017, 07:30:46 AM »
Most manufacturers give 3 month warranties to pro's and 1 year to personal/household buyers...but no difference really because if there is anything wrong with the sucker it will manifest itself pretty quickly...so from that standpoint you should be good getting whatever deal you think is good...and perhaps if in a store with a guy in it with any seasoning will give you good advice on what works for him and what he's heard from other users...could also get recommendations from tree trimmer contractors, they might be a good resource.

18" should do.

I've read stuff about people taking the 290 over the 291...more favorable "anecdotal" evidence of use FWIW...

I think Echo's have longer warranties if that is desired...

Anything 50cc + should suffice for general purpose needs...70cc + gets into Pro series, which (grunt!) is always fun if you can afford it...but they'll be heavier to tote...

Oh, and with the Dreamers and other Obamians out there...

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/weather/hurricane/article172862521.html

...a good chainsaw might come in handy for other hurricane-relief needs!

ETA - PS: Here ya go, JF!

https://www.weaselzippers.us/356888-nun-with-a-chainsaw-goes-viral/

Git-R-Done!   ;D
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 11:57:43 AM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2017, 07:54:27 AM »
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-13/irma-destroyed-nearly-quarter-homes-florida-keys

Keys got hammered...and if not for Cuba disorganizing the eye...landfall on the keys and mainland could have been a lot worse...somebody was lookin' out for folks!

Not so much in Cuba though...let the Progs and Celebutards chew on that!