Author Topic: Irma  (Read 18137 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Irma
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2017, 03:55:24 PM »
Glad you made it through, JF.

My fishing buddy managed to come through relatively unscathed.  A miracle in itself.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2017, 04:42:52 PM »
Glad you made it through, JF.

My fishing buddy managed to come through relatively unscathed.  A miracle in itself.

Thanks Alan I had my doubts there for a couple of days.  But it's over now we move to clean up.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2017, 09:33:47 PM »
If you get that Jonsered saw there, there's a Tractor Supply pretty close to your property here.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2017, 10:18:52 PM »
JF --Sure glad y'all are doing ok, just take care of the back - I know how they feel, so don't push it.  Finally heard from all those that we know down there and all are saying the same as you.  After living there and going through a few myself I sure don't envy all the clean up, repair, plus heat, little water and gas.  Don't know your area there, but our church has a truck on the way, maybe there by now, in the West Palm area.  Will keep getting things and sending.
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2017, 10:20:04 PM »
If you get that Jonsered saw there, there's a Tractor Supply pretty close to your property here.

I have been looking around and it turns out that Johnsred makes the saws for Huskvarna. If I remember right Gunsmith isn't that thrilled with Huskvarna. Right?
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2017, 10:22:56 PM »
JF --Sure glad y'all are doing ok, just take care of the back - I know how they feel, so don't push it.  Finally heard from all those that we know down there and all are saying the same as you.  After living there and going through a few myself I sure don't envy all the clean up, repair, plus heat, little water and gas.  Don't know your area there, but our church has a truck on the way, maybe there by now, in the West Palm area.  Will keep getting things and sending.

Thanks. Were in good shape here we never actually lost power . It wasn't that big a deal for me although I like line power because my Generators can't run the ac.  Had plenty of everything we might need in the house and ready to go but better too much than not enough.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2017, 07:06:06 AM »
This is nuts...

http://wsvn.com/news/local/1-dead-30-evacuated-at-hollywood-nursing-home/

...sit on the floor and enjoy your fan pushing hot air?  That's their answer?

::outrage::

I smell lawsuits...and don't give me that act of God crap...people made this disaster!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2017, 08:55:31 AM »

I have been looking around and it turns out that Johnsred makes the saws for Huskvarna. If I remember right Gunsmith isn't that thrilled with Huskvarna. Right?

I can't recall; however, we've learned that using ethanol-free gas for the Huskvarna and the Craftsman saws cut down on malfunctions drastically.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2017, 12:38:18 PM »

I can't recall; however, we've learned that using ethanol-free gas for the Huskvarna and the Craftsman saws cut down on malfunctions drastically.

That is a good rule to follow for any small engine...I only put ethanol-free premium in cans I use to run mowers, blowers, chainsaws etc!!!

Ethanol crap will turn into varnish and hose stuff up!  I don't even put it in the motorcycle anymore either!

Hate that crap!!!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2017, 07:26:19 AM »
Speaking of crap...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-13/hurricane-irma-released-250-gallons-untreated-sewage-streets-florida

What I don't get is anybody being surprised by this...what did they expect?

I guess expecting looters caught the same folk completely unawares too, eh?

::bus::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2017, 02:01:00 PM »
  He had a TEE time there wasn't anything Important happening in his hood so he went golfing. 
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2017, 07:10:07 AM »
This is a Harvey related article, but still a storm related story about the Cajun Navy. Volunteers who are funded by the government (or licensed <GASP!>) getting the job done.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/local/gray-matters/amp/I-downloaded-an-app-And-suddenly-I-was-talking-12172506.php
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2017, 11:11:16 AM »
I think you meant NOT funded or licensed by the govt, and thanks for posting that, Alan.  Can't imagine.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2017, 09:00:44 PM »
This is a Harvey related article, but still a storm related story about the Cajun Navy. Volunteers who are funded by the government (or licensed <GASP!>) getting the job done.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/local/gray-matters/amp/I-downloaded-an-app-And-suddenly-I-was-talking-12172506.php

Wow - that was a great narrative!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2017, 10:47:51 AM »
That is quite a chronicle.  Being held up by the Coast Guard, wait 7 hours to get in there...that's a tough wait on both ends...

Probably stupid as hell, but if I thought my boat could handle the conditions...be hard not to charge in there...probably have to rope me down!

And this -

"Someone needs to erect a statue honoring the regular dude with a bass boat."

Yup.  And a volunteer dispatcher somewhere not a bad idea either...

::thumbsup::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2017, 07:27:20 AM »