Author Topic: Irma  (Read 18126 times)

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Re: Irma
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2017, 07:19:22 AM »
I think this statist clown is asking in his own twisted way to be duct-taped to a sailboard and launched into the storm-surge...

I'd use rope - duct tape marks will ruin an otherwise perfectly good sailboard, once his personal, one-way cruise has terminated.  ;)
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2017, 11:08:24 AM »
People are starting to get the lead out.  I'm getting ready!! Yes Pan I'm worried.
I'm worried for you, too ........ and a little for us here in NC.

Take care, you 2. And anyone else in the predicted path.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2017, 05:36:03 PM »
  2 hours in line to get propane and gas stations were out of fuel but had more coming I was looking for non ethanol and that they had lots of a 3.00 a gal. One woman had such a desperate look on her face I asked her what the problem was and she said I'm about out of gas I don't know if I can get home so I told her to load up with non ethanol fuel she didn't know that she could use it.   

I'm not laughing at her she just didn't know I was thinking about how many others don't know. And drove off.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:38:32 PM by John Florida »
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2017, 07:41:51 PM »
People are starting to get the lead out.  I'm getting ready!! Yes Pan I'm worried.

I have 5 windows to go and am all buttoned up have water, fuel, plenty of food in the house and faith in the Lord to protect us.

Just as an aside my youngest BIL should be in Wilmington N.C tonight in his new house and the moving company doesn't want to come till after the storm.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2017, 07:36:20 AM »
I think this statist clown is asking in his own twisted way to be duct-taped to a sailboard and launched into the storm-surge...

I'd use rope - duct tape marks will ruin an otherwise perfectly good sailboard, once his personal, one-way cruise has terminated.  ;)

I sure hope this poor dumb bastards board was rescued...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pro-teen-surfer-dies-barbados-catching-irma-wave-071523864.html

...another for the Darwin chronicles.

::)

And idiots...blaming "climate change"...

http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/07/richard-bransons-luxury-necker-island-home-completely-destroyed-by-hurricane-irma-6909022/

Asshole!

Storm damage thus far is impressive...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4860396/Irma-hits-Puerto-Rico-damaging-Barbuda-St-Martin.html

People in her path shouldn't get careless!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2017, 10:48:23 AM »

I have 5 windows to go and am all buttoned up have water, fuel, plenty of food in the house and faith in the Lord to protect us.

Just as an aside my youngest BIL should be in Wilmington N.C tonight in his new house and the moving company doesn't want to come till after the storm.

I just got an email from one of my fishing buddies south of Orlando. He plans to ride it out.

Say a prayer for Jazz and his wife if you can spare a few. I told him to make the drive to LA because we have an extra room, but he won't listen.

That goes for you, too, JF.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2017, 10:50:20 AM »
  Thanks but I'm as prepared as I can be..  Prayers for your friend.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2017, 02:32:42 PM »
The potential path of this storm is really starting to remind me of Hurricane Hugo, with the way it's predicted to come inland into central Carolinas.  Hugo beat the hell out of us, over 150 miles inland.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2017, 03:44:15 PM »
The potential path of this storm is really starting to remind me of Hurricane Hugo, with the way it's predicted to come inland into central Carolinas.  Hugo beat the hell out of us, over 150 miles inland.

My BIL just moved into a new house in Wilmington N.C.  yesterday.   He must be flipping out.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2017, 04:48:55 PM »
  The latest report shows it going west which puts it close to the middle of the state all the way which puts me on the right side of the storm or as we call it the bad side. Storm surge around 10 feet.  I pray for a change in the next 24/36 hours.

Right now as it is all of florida will get hurricane force winds and as flat as the state is it won't slow down any till if gets 1/2 to 3/4 of the way up.

::praying::
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2017, 07:01:29 AM »
Irma still Cat 4...

And every projection I see basically shows Florida being absolutely screwed royally...

...but if you haven't skeedaddled outta there by now you'll have to hunker down and ride it out and hope for the best...

...all of south Florida can expect a surge of at least 10'...

...that's not insignificant for a pretty flat stretch of dirt!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2017, 11:11:10 AM »
The latest prediction shows it plowing all the way up Florida and then moving through Georgia and into Tennessee.  Good for us in NC, but bad for FL as it now looks like they'll be taking a direct hit.

Batten down the hatches and prepare to repel boarders!

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2017, 11:50:54 AM »
  Last report showed it moved to the west of lake Okeechobee which takes me out of the eye wall not out of the woods but a little better.  All that can be done is done all I will do is make a load of chicken cutlets just cause it gives something to do.

And I love them anyway.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2017, 12:36:12 PM »
I wouldn't want to be anywhere in the Keys or Miami and the south end...looks like it is just going to slam hard right there...

The size of these things and the hypnotic movement of them as seen from space never ceases to amaze me...

And this -

Katia, Irma & Jose all lined up like dance partners...

And this...

...reminds me of a Soviet market any day of the week...

And now the NHC is saying some areas could have a surge up to 12' -

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCPAT1+shtml/071451.shtml

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2017, 02:42:04 PM »
  Did my wife's boss a favor since it's very close to hone and took pics of the clinic she works for to show that all the doors were taped shut.   Went down the street pulled into Cumberland farms topped her car off went in got a gallon of milk and came home wasn't there 10 minutes.  Talk about luck.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2017, 05:17:16 PM »
Lived in the West Palm Beach area for almost twenty years.  Glad I moved over 10 years ago, cause I sure wouldn't want to be there now.  Still have friends and relatives there - 94 year old uncle and his son and daughter-in-law, his son spent last two days boarding up two houses and the beach house in the keys.  Talked to friends, some left and some are staying, [bad choice as far as I'm concerned].  Andrew was bad enough at 40 miles wide total,  and it cleared everything all the way across the state the, east - west - this thing is two times the size and is going south to north.  Who knows what kind of destruction it will leave, if it leaves anything at all.  Hope I'm wrong ----
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2017, 05:55:33 PM »
I share your concern Rusty...this a lot bigger than Andrew and it will be a Cat 5 when it slams into the Keys and a Cat 4 when it hits SW mainland and could occur at high tide...the hype on this one seems warranted, the dangers for all of Florida are real.  Hope folks are out or super prepared, cause help could be a long wait off!

::praying::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2017, 08:48:52 PM »
I'm afraid this one will be worse than Andrew for the reasons Rusty mentioned.  Andrew quickly cut across the southern end, this one is just going plow all the way up the peninsula.

Miami ought to be interesting.  Vibrancy = looting.  I wonder how many are staying behind just for the looting opportunities.

- Yours Truly

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2017, 10:35:58 PM »
Well it's now back to a cat 5 - 160+mph winds with some heavier gusts.  Talking heads at weather center still saying it may go slightly up the west side, but not sure yet. Still talking 8 -1o ft. water surge on east side Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm , higher on west coast- .  All family and friends that remain are less than 15 miles from Atlantic.  Have talked to all -- they are boarded up, have plenty of food and water, batteries and full tanks of gas, but few if any stations still open with fuel.  All Publix stores in West Palm area closed at 8PM until after storm.   ::praying::
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2017, 07:18:44 AM »
It keeps moving west, so good for people on the east coast, right?