Author Topic: Red Cross highhandedness, arrogance, in Houston  (Read 1802 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Red Cross highhandedness, arrogance, in Houston
« on: September 04, 2017, 04:44:52 PM »
To aid the victims was a woman who brought a total of 400 hamburgers to the site and divided them to locals isolated from the rest.

... ‘I’m astonished at the behavior of the Red Cross husband/wife team at the mid-county Jack Brooks airport yesterday. Who together accosted me and took turns berating me because I was trying to bring 400 warm hamburgers to our hungry evacuees, who according to them did not need the food because they had “already had a sandwich.” Yes, they had 1sandwichh in 24 hours. They were desperate for a hot meal! The Red Cross proceeded to try and load the warm, ready to eat burgers into an ice chest.

The pilot, who had donated his time, fuel, money, plane and arranged the delivery of the burgers was horrified at not being able to serve them (he actually came to volunteer as well). I confess I just stood there with my mouth gaping open, fighting back tears while they told me that I did not know what I was doing and they had not even seen me volunteering.  This is not a normal reaction for me but either exhaustion or pregnancy hormones got the best of me because I simply couldn’t find the words to fight back…,’ she said.

... I’m thankful for our local volunteers who continued to fight with them (when I could not) and saw that the burgers and supplies were distributed to ALL those that needed them.

A word to the wise about Red Cross ....... and this is not the first time they've pulled this kind of crap.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 09:28:30 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Red Cross highhandedness, arrogance,[quote] in Houston
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 07:09:32 PM »
  I will never give to them.....the end. 
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 08:46:50 PM »
It seems a lot of these organizations quickly turn into big circle-jerks of credentialism and act as if anyone not likewise credentialed is unfit for helping. It's no surprise that government bureaucracy, "non profits," academia, and corporate HR departments basically all exist in the same ecosystem. They're all a bunch of parasites who establish themselves as gatekeepers, controlling who can do what and where.

But yes, I do remember some controversy with the Red Cross not too long ago.  Wasn't it something to do with reallocating donations without making that clear to donors?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 08:58:21 PM »
'It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.'
~Harry Truman

No aid gets past our gates unless the recipients think it's us what (sic) gave it!
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 09:29:44 PM »
It seems a lot of these organizations quickly turn into big circle-jerks of credentialism and act as if anyone not likewise credentialed is unfit for helping. It's no surprise that government bureaucracy, "non profits," academia, and corporate HR departments basically all exist in the same ecosystem. They're all a bunch of parasites who establish themselves as gatekeepers, controlling who can do what and where.

But yes, I do remember some controversy with the Red Cross not too long ago.  Wasn't it something to do with reallocating donations without making that clear to donors?

Yes, it's referenced in the link, towards the end of the woman's narrative.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Red Cross highhandedness, arrogance, in Houston
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 07:39:56 AM »
Yeah, during Katrina their appeals did not go towards Katrina victims but their own general fund...

Hospitals have to depend upon them for blood, beyond that they are just another sucky batch of proglodyte-infested scum...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Red Cross highhandedness, arrogance, in Houston
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 11:02:18 AM »
Red Cross is just like everyone of the rest. They want the glory and the pats on the back.

Rat bastages.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson