Author Topic: Enough of these criminals giving sanctuary to criminals!  (Read 105436 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Enough of these criminals giving sanctuary to criminals!
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2020, 09:48:16 PM »
  I think that they should go after California and N.Y. state and really put them through a meat grinder till it gets to SCOTUS and end this once and for all.  You take them down the rest will fold.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2020, 07:05:18 AM »
Agreed.  Though if clowns in other states want their tails jerked that's fine with me.

A big victory for the Trump administration as a federal appeals court rules today the Department of Justice (DOJ) can withhold funding from sanctuary cities and states refusing to cooperate with administration’s immigration enforcement.

A group of seven states including New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Washington, Massachusetts and Virginia, along with New York City, sued the DOJ in 2017 after then-AG Jeff Sessions announced the DOJ would start withholding funding from local governments that refused to share information about undocumented immigrants or provide jail access to federal authorities investigating inmates’ immigration status.

Today a three-judge panel on the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals unanimously overturned a prior district court ruling saying the DOJ lacked the authority to impose immigration-related conditions on funding. [Ruling Here]

The Trump administration can now withhold funds from any city and state that declares themselves a ‘sanctuary‘ from immigration enforcement.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/02/26/federal-appeals-court-rules-trump-administration-can-withhold-funds-from-sanctuary-cities/

Squeeze...and then squeeze even harder!

« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 07:24:07 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2020, 12:36:35 PM »
  The way dems see it is that whatever they say is legal is legal till the courts say it's not. You are forced to fight all these asshats over and over again.  Without the right judges it's legal with the right judges it's NOT!!
 Filippo Mazzie

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2020, 04:45:26 PM »

This is good news.
I remember a case from long ago, maybe South Dakota vs. Dole?
South Dakota did not want to raise their drinking age to 21. SCOTUS said the feds could not force the state to raise their drinking age but could withhold fed highway funds if they did not. 

One problem is that the stupid policies of states spread the cost over the whole US. This will reduce that.

When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2020, 06:56:53 AM »
  The way dems see it is that whatever they say is legal is legal till the courts say it's not. You are forced to fight all these asshats over and over again.  Without the right judges it's legal with the right judges it's NOT!!

More accurately...if the judges deem something they want illegal...they do it anyway...

As always the enforcement falls to a good leader in position to do something...and we always come up short on good leaders...or have meddlers that make a string of them near impossible to attain...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2020, 07:01:55 AM »

This is good news.
I remember a case from long ago, maybe South Dakota vs. Dole?
South Dakota did not want to raise their drinking age to 21. SCOTUS said the feds could not force the state to raise their drinking age but could withhold fed highway funds if they did not. 

One problem is that the stupid policies of states spread the cost over the whole US. This will reduce that.

In matters where a choice has to be made whores typically take the cash and swallow their...whatever...

An intelligent state would try to free up its own potential and decouple from the Fed teat...it would then be a draw for people from other poorly led states and effect some change in the latter group...and get somewhat back to the Founders vision of states being incubators of success and being less dependent on the federal government for day to day activities.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2020, 06:27:32 PM »
  I told you so! It can be done and you don't go through the process not to deport them if the government does the push ups to revoke start packing while you can keep you're sh*t if they come you leave with the clothes on your back.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2020, 08:44:27 AM »
 ::asskicking::

::whoohoo::