Author Topic: In Texas, a grocery chain is now inspiring memes.  (Read 1503 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
In Texas, a grocery chain is now inspiring memes.
« on: September 07, 2017, 11:04:35 AM »
One goes like this: "State and federal resources are struggling to get into impacted areas. H.E.B. — outta the way, we're coming."

... The images refer to the largest grocer in the state, H-E-B, with about 350 stores scattered throughout Texas and Mexico. At a time when retail watchers question the future of brick-and-mortar stores due to Amazon's continued ascendance, the 112-year-old retailer is drawing widespread praise after managing to open 60 of its 83 stores in Houston last Sunday, hours after Hurricane Harvey slammed into Texas as a Category 4 storm. (Now, 79 of the 83 stores are open.)

When employees couldn't get to work, some stores still operated with as few as five people: one stationed at the door as crowd control and four working the registers, trying to get people out as quickly as possible.

On Saturday morning, I spoke with Scott McClelland, a 27-year H-E-B veteran who is president of the chain's Houston division. For much of the week, he had worked from 5 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., with days blurring together.

The behind-the-scenes operation, as he told me, is a complicated dance involving multiple command centers, a helicopter, private planes, military style vehicles and frequent calls to suppliers, urging them to send toilet paper — and to skip the Funyuns.

McClelland, in his own words:

RTWT; very interesting.  Mr. McClelland is an old-fashioned can-do man.

H/T AmericanDigest.org
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: In Texas, a grocery chain is now inspiring memes.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 11:36:15 AM »
What? No gubmint progrum?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 11:40:07 AM »
Nope.  Probably one of the big reasons what he does works so well.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 12:21:14 PM »
Whoa! Gubmint cannot like being shown up like that! 

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 02:24:54 PM »
Well if it was a government program they'd still be working on the 2nd revision to the amendments to the Environmental Impact Report.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 03:24:19 PM »
But then you have asshats like this one.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/30/politicos-matt-wuerker-mocks-texas-hurricane-victims-in-political-cartoon/

I'll bet paycheck to paycheck the Cajun Navy and private individuals saved and fed at least TWICE the people the gubment did.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 06:43:04 AM »
If not three times more...

Funny...where we all the cartoons after Katrina lampooning all the idiots spewing "George Bush hates black people" BS?!

Yeah, bias...it's hardcore left-wing and it's real...and has been for decades!

They all have their day coming soon enough...tick/tock ass-clowns...tick/tock...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.