Author Topic: Latest Aronofsky flick with current bimbo Lawrence is the worst one yet  (Read 1387 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I love this opening screed!  And the end!

From the idiotic drug-addict hokum Requiem for a Dream to the overrated, overwrought and over-hyped Black Swan, which I called “a lavishly staged Repulsion in toe shoes,” the films of wack job Darren Aronofsky have shown a dark passion for exploring twisted souls in torment. But nothing he’s done before to poison the ozone layer prepared me for mother!, an exercise in torture and hysteria so over the top that I didn’t know whether to scream or laugh out loud. Stealing ideas from Polanski, Fellini and Kubrick, he’s jerrybuilt an absurd Freudian nightmare that is more wet dream than bad dream, with the subtlety of a chainsaw.

This delusional freak show is two hours of pretentious twaddle that tackles religion, paranoia, lust, rebellion, and a thirst for blood in a circus of grotesque debauchery to prove that being a woman requires emotional sacrifice and physical agony at the cost of everything else in life, including life itself.
Nothing about mother! makes one lick of sense as Darren Aronofsky’s corny vision of madness turns more hilarious than scary. With so much crap around to clog the drain, I hesitate to label it the “Worst movie of the year” when “Worst movie of the century” fits it even better.

http://observer.com/2017/09/darren-aronofsky-mother-worst-movie-of-the-year/

And it sounds like the public agrees, Rex...ticket sales are pathetic.

This may be the only thing keeping the NFL from hitting bottom first!

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Latest Aronofsky flick with current bimbo Lawrence is the worst one yet
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 11:41:05 AM »
The whole review is disturbing in itself.  So sorry (NOT) to see Hollywood's current darling garnering such negativity.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 11:54:50 AM »
And why pay somebody and reward them for disturbing crap...

We have enough free crap like that already on the boob-tube daily from The Swamp, St Louis...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 07:22:16 AM »
http://www.indiewire.com/2017/09/paramount-defends-mother-box-office-f-cinemascore-bad-reviews-1201877743/

Brave?

::saywhat::   ::laughonfloor::

Hilarious...yeah spout that gibberish, see if one or two idiots buy that dreck!    ::bus::  ::hysterical::

Brave would be a full-frontal assault on the goosestepping leftist zombies dominating your industry and producing a slew of positive conservative/libertarian/Founders-based films that inspire people not make them groan and puke their popcorn and soda!!!

Brave!

What a sack of scat!   ::vafancoul::

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 08:21:59 AM »
Paramount is spewing the "dumbed down audience" meme (it's our, unsophisticated fault) - like Hillary - blame someone else while they congratulate themselves as film-noir giants.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.