Author Topic: Trying to make Team USA look more like America  (Read 4593 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Trying to make Team USA look more like America
« on: February 05, 2018, 06:11:00 AM »
... but "still overwhelmingly white."

Yes, USOC officials are pleased the team includes more African Americans and Asian Americans — and even the first two openly gay men — than recent winter squads.

Yay, for de gay!

... “We’re not quite where we want to be,” said Jason Thompson, the USOC’s director of diversity and inclusion. “.?.?. I think full-on inclusion has always been a priority of Team USA. I think everybody’s always felt it should represent every American.”

Because if there ain't somebody that looks like you or swishes like you, you ain't "represented".

Team USA numbers 243 athletes, which is the largest team any nation has sent to a Winter Olympics. Of that group, 10 are African American — 4 percent — and another 10 are Asian American. The rest, by and large, are white. The Winter Games contingent is typically much smaller than its summer counterpart, but the demographic differences are striking. The United States took more than 550 athletes to the 2016 Summer Games in Rio de Janeiro. Of that group, more than 125 were African American — about 23 percent.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't "African Americans" over-represented at 23%?

Meh, feh and sneh.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Trying to make Team USA look more like America
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 09:16:57 AM »
No, no and yes.  Aced it!   ::whoohoo::

Idjits being idjits.  They want a squad full of diversity, they'll enjoy fewer medals...going away from performance makes sense from their perverted worldview...God forbid any more American Exceptionalism, or achievement and chants of the much dreaded and triggering "USA! USA!".

Eff them!

Oh, and Russian dopers!  Get the dopers!  Idjits ought to be all for getting "the  ::cussing:: Russians!".

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Syzygy

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 02:17:30 PM »
The whole notion of a "winter Olympics" is racist and exclusionary to begin with.  All the events are the sports that evolved in ultra-white nations that experienced the one thing necessary for participation: WINTER.

The Jamaican bobsled team from several years ago were a joke and treated as such for this very reason. 

No amount of "color packing" the teams can change that fact,  but if it helps the snowflakes feel better about themselves then carry on.  I don't really care one way or the other.  The Olympics "took a knee" long before the NFL.  Screw 'em. 

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 08:07:44 PM »
The whole notion of a "winter Olympics" is racist and exclusionary to begin with.  All the events are the sports that evolved in ultra-white nations that experienced the one thing necessary for participation: WINTER.

The Jamaican bobsled team from several years ago were a joke and treated as such for this very reason. 

No amount of "color packing" the teams can change that fact,  but if it helps the snowflakes feel better about themselves then carry on.  I don't really care one way or the other.  The Olympics "took a knee" long before the NFL.  Screw 'em. 

::clapping::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 11:02:10 PM »
  And here I thought it was about winning.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 06:46:15 AM »
Prog-rot kills all.

The worst part is, if you could see the best competing not participating....is the insufferable "human interest" stories the media inflicts on us, which has grown from token minority coverage to practically non-stop minority coverage. WGAFF?!  You know what is of most interest to real humans? Kicking ass!

I predict the games at Pingpongyingyang will see the MFM reach new heights of stupidity.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 08:58:48 AM »

I predict the games at Pingpongyingyang will see the MFM reach new heights of stupidity.

The bar is already pretty high from previous years. Thanks, Bob Costas.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 10:04:07 AM »
... the insufferable "human interest" stories ...

That's why I stopped watching.  There were/are competitions happening, and that crap is what tptb chose/choose to air.  And forget the judging ....
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"