Author Topic: Movies, Comedy and other entertainment that couldn't be made today.  (Read 2607 times)

Offline richb

• Established Member
There are articles on the net (haven't seen this covered anywhere else) with a interview with Mel Brooks.   He claims that political correctness (along with other types of politics) is destroying comedy.    That he couldn't make Blazing Saddles today.    Yes,  even he couldn't get it made today.

So what other movies and other entertainment that couldn't be made today?  Not because they aren't popular with the general public,  but because the elite won't allow them to be financed or distributed (aka,  keeping them off the market if somehow it actually gets made). 

Well Blazing Saddles for sure.  Probably just about anything Mel Brooks made before 1990.   Another movie that wouldn't see the light of day if made today,  The Blues Brothers (one of my favorites actually).   That wouldn't be made for different reasons then Mel's movies (making government employees look like idiots).     I doubt it would go anywhere now (and probably the reason why Blues Brothers 2000 fell so flat).   

So what other movies wouldn't get made today?   

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
Re: Movies, Comedy and other entertainment that couldn't be made today.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 03:59:13 PM »
I would say anything war related that makes the U.S out to be heroes (Band of Brothers, Guns of Navarone, etc).
Eschew Obfuscation

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 10:19:53 PM »
Anything with Andrew Dice Clay.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 01:35:20 AM »
Gone With the Wind
Eddie Murphy Delirious (technically not a movie but...habadahabadahabada...)
Dirty Harry

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 02:17:52 PM »
Anybody see the Dave Chappel Netflix specials? Definitely made "today", but definitely shoved PC right up the asses of the SJWs.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 06:40:04 AM »
 ::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 01:55:42 AM »
"Song of the South" is a movie Disney has done a good job of burying.  Don't think it was ever released on home media,  and hasn't aired on tv since the 70's or 80's. 

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2017, 07:42:37 AM »
Oh yeah...I suppose for the little pink urchins there is just one SJW trigger after another...

I say there should be triggers!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 11:34:23 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2017, 12:32:09 AM »
Another one.   The Dukes of Hazard.   The TV show,  not the lame movies (though even they probably couldn't be made even,  at least with the flag still on the car).