Author Topic: Roger Stone to testify before the House Intelligence Committee today  (Read 753 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I think I like this guy!

Heh, nice pose!   ;D

After months of taunting congressional Russia investigators from afar, Roger Stone, a longtime confidant of President Donald Trump, will meet them face-to-face on Capitol Hill Tuesday in what he promises will be “epic” testimony debunking charges of collusion between the Kremlin and Trump associates.

The Republican operative will testify behind closed doors as part of the House Intelligence Committee’s investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election. But officials are braced for his unique brand of theatrics before, during, and after the session, not least because Stone says he will bring a reporter and cameraman to Capitol Hill with him.

Clearly relishing his moment at the center of Washington intrigue, the flamboyant Stone wrote in a Sunday tweet that the conspiracy-peddling pro-Trump website InfoWars was “embed[ding] a reporter and cameraman in Camp Stone for my epic testimony.”

"Never pass up a chance to have sex, be on television or testify before a House Congressional Committee,” he added in another.   ;D

And a day before his appearance before the panel, Stone posted a photo of himself reading a book titled The Russians, which he captioned: “Preparing for my testimony before the House Intelligence Committee tomorrow 9am.”   ;D

Among other things, Stone says he intends to lay into the committee’s top Democratic lawmaker, Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), who frequently stokes questions about potential Trump malfeasance on television, and whom Stone has long called "Schiffhead."   ::laughonfloor::

In an email to POLITICO, Stone called Schiff “a grandstanding Sammy Glick”—a reference to a craven Hollywood hustler from the 1941 novel "What Makes Sammy Run?"

Stone faces questions from federal investigators about his ties to Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, whose website dumped troves of emails last year hacked from the Gmail account of Hillary Clinton's campaign chairman, John Podesta.

Stone indicated in August 2016 that he had communicated with Assange through backchannels and later that month seemed to foreshadow the email dump when he prophesied that it would soon be “Podesta’s time in the barrel.” Wikileaks began publishing Podesta’s emails in October.

Stone also revealed earlier this year that he’d been in contact with Guccifer 2.0, the hacker believed to be a Russian government cutout at the center of a separate hack of the Democratic National Committee.

Stone said the intelligence committee hasn’t asked him to restrict his comments to the press. But he has demanded that it release full transcripts of his interview “so that there will be no confusion or misinformation about my testimony.”   ::thumbsup::

Stone had long demanded that he testify in an open session, which would have provided a live-television platform for his colorful denunciations of the Russia probe. He had previously been slated to appear before the committee in July, only to have his hearing canceled. In a subsequent tirade on Alex Jones’s InfoWars show, Stone ripped Democrats as “pimps” for the delay.   ::cool::

Stone has proudly styled himself as a master of dark political arts since he served as an aide on Richard Nixon’s 1968 campaign. After a years-long business relationship with Trump, the men linked up in 2000 for the developer’s short-lived flirtation with a presidential bid on the Reform Party ticket.

“Why [do] the Democrats oppose transparency? What are they hiding? What don't they want the people to see?” Stone said in an email. “That Adam Schiff is a grandstanding Sammy Glick who thus far has not produced a scintilla of evidence the actual Collusion with the Russians?”

::clapping::

Schiff’s office declined to comment.

::mooning::

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/25/roger-stone-testimony-congress-trump-243119

This could be good!  Finally, somebody ready willing and eager to light these fothermuckers up!  Don't think I've seen anything like that since Oliver North's testimony!

I hope I can pick this up on the radio or something!!!   ::popcorn::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Roger Stone to testify before the House Intelligence Committee today
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 08:10:03 AM »
Yeah, OK...sure the pussies made it a closed door session!!!

::outrage::   ::angry::   ::cussing:: 

His opening statement however should be required reading everywhere!

https://www.scribd.com/document/359899170/Stone-Opening-Statement?irgwc=1&content=27795&campaign=VigLink&ad_group=1726779&keyword=ft500noi&source=impactradius&medium=affiliate#from_embed

He wraps up by telling them to investigate the real culprit - Clinton!   ::clapping::

Excerpts:

“I am most interested in correcting a number of falsehoods, misstatements, and misimpressions regarding allegations of collusion between Donald Trump, Trump associates, the Trump Campaign and the Russian state,”

“I view this as a political proceeding because a number of members of this Committee have made irresponsible, indisputably, and provably false statements in order to create the impression of collusion with the Russian state without any evidence that would hold up in a US court of law or the court of public opinion.”

“Note, that my Tweet of August 21, 2016, makes no mention, whatsoever, of Mr. Podesta’s email, but does accurately predict that the Podesta brothers’ business activities in Russia with the oligarchs around Putin, their uranium deal, their bank deal, and their Gazprom deal, would come under public scrutiny,”

"numerous, publicly documented contacts between Ukraine and the Clinton campaign, particularly in light of recent public reports that Ukraine is now providing sophisticated missile technology to North Korea."

Suck it, Schiffhead's!    ::effu::
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 08:14:56 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.