Author Topic: Pabst Blue Ribbon now making AR-15 receivers  (Read 1548 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Pabst Blue Ribbon now making AR-15 receivers
« on: September 26, 2017, 09:11:45 PM »
Ok, not exactly.  But very cool!  I am amazed that there are guys who can do this stuff in their own home workshops.  This guy melts down aluminum cans and casts the molten aluminum into his own homemade mold, which he then machines into a fully functioning AR-15 lower receiver.

! No longer available

"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Pabst Blue Ribbon now making AR-15 receivers
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 07:18:31 AM »
Nice.  Dude obviously has casting and fabricating skill...not sure I want to fire rounds into water, but yeah, must be nice to be able to know how to do stuff and make things like that...in a SHTF world guys like this will be kings...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 03:05:06 AM »
Wow,  that was awesome. 

Yup,  in the SHTF world he will be king.   

Wish I had paid more attention in shop class.   Oh well,  back then (late 80's) they were having trouble finding work for the guys that were interested in that stuff.   Sad too,  people with those skills should never for a second be out of work.   But they were,  so they stopped teaching it   Now we pay.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 07:51:02 AM »
Wow,  that was awesome. 

Wish I had paid more attention in shop class.   Oh well,  back then (late 80's) they were having trouble finding work for the guys that were interested in that stuff.   Sad too,  people with those skills should never for a second be out of work.   But they were,  so they stopped teaching it   Now we pay.

He paid too with the investment in equipment and time.  It' cheaper to buy the lowers pre made and stored away for later.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 01:30:43 PM »
Wow,  that was awesome. 

He paid too with the investment in equipment and time.  It' cheaper to buy the lowers pre made and stored away for later.

I think his points were: 1. It can be done by one skilled person with a decently equipped metal shop (even my high school has all those tools, and I imagine many still do even if they aren't being used).   2.  It's the part the government regulates,  so not put on a list of people (granted posting a youtube video probably puts him on one) who have them is worth something.   In a SHTF situation he would probably have to make more or all the parts.   

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 02:52:55 PM »
The equipment can be multi-purposed.  Gunsmith already has most of that stuff in our shop already and can use those things to make the few things he doesn't have.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"