Topics > Food & Cooking

Happiness has arrived. Thank you Amazon

<< < (2/3) > >>

Pandora:
Okay, sorry, didn't mean to turn it into a b-fest.   ::unknowncomic::

John Florida:

--- Quote from: Pandora on September 28, 2017, 01:01:36 PM ---I dislike using Amazon, but I do, a lot, because local retail is no longer responsive to local customers.

I bulk shop, even at regular stores.  The manager told me at one local store that he can get only four gallons at a time of our choice of milk, even though I will buy four gallons at a time (and by the time I get to 'em, some are already gone).

Walmart guy told me they receive only six cans at a time of our choice of coffee; if there's two on the shelf, they get none until those two are gone.

This means I have to shop every couple of days and that's a major outlay of time and gasoline for me in order to stock up.

Some things such as coffee and milk can't be bought from Amazon, but other things -- I was looking for clip-on readers/magnifiers for Gunsmith and no store carried them -- can be.

Seems if you/I want anything that at least a hundred other people want, the stores won't carry it.  It didn't used to be like that, I think.

--- End quote ---

https://youtu.be/0vPKpMMapEg              ::curtsy4::

Libertas:
It's a veg-it-ta-bull!  LOL!

I'd have to try IDP's concoction before committing...I'm picky about my sauces.

Ben - "I use that S h i t on everything."

Heh!  I'm not as free-wheelin' as my BIL, but yeah!   ::thumbsup::

John Florida:
  I like a little nip in my food but hot is out!! 

Alphabet Soup:
I buy direct from Tabasco (McIlhenny Co). I had a devil of a time finding their habanero sauce so I checked them out online and found that I cold go straight to the source. Prices are a bit better than retail (if you could find it) and they threw in some complimentary goodies as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version