Author Topic: Y.A. Tittle, 90  (Read 1457 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Y.A. Tittle, 90
« on: October 09, 2017, 12:53:01 PM »
There was "Slingin'" Sammie Baugh (d.2008), Y.A. Tittle and Johnny "U" (d.2002)...the first real gunslingers...and now Y.A. is gone...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20967731/ya-tittle-pro-football-hall-famer-dies-age-90

Used to hear my father talk about these guys...I just barely have any recollection of Johnny U...but I knew the names and could recognize Johnny.

And when men knelt in those days...

...it was from a gashed head wound and a busted rib and exhaustion from playing your guts out in a game you loved and got paid very little for!

R.I.P. YA

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
Re: Y.A. Tittle, 90
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 01:28:52 PM »
RIP - Y.A. Tittle you and most of the other players of your era were roll models for those in my time as a kid.  One more that could be mentioned in my opinion was Bobby Layne.  He had his faults, but greatness on the field.  We need more like those mentioned instead of the self centered / over paid cry babies of today.
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 04:25:50 PM »
Back when men were men. RIP, Y.A.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 05:24:09 PM »
RIP - Y.A. Tittle you and most of the other players of your era were roll models for those in my time as a kid.  One more that could be mentioned in my opinion was Bobby Layne.  He had his faults, but greatness on the field.  We need more like those mentioned instead of the self centered / over paid cry babies of today.

To me the old pics of him in a Lions jersey...he looked like a Sunday school teacher!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 11:52:29 AM »
  They loved the game cause the money wasn't there but today they love the money and the game is secondary once again to the money.

RIP
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie