Author Topic: “I don’t deny…that this country is flawed….” - Tucker Carlson  (Read 2005 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
There’s a disclaimer many of us have been conditioned to utter, quite reflexively, and it’s something that has got to stop. When preparing a defense of the United States (against, lamentably, other “Americans”), we may preface it with, “Well, I know our country isn’t perfect” or, as pundit Tucker Carlson said while debating a bigoted lawyer last month, “I don’t deny…that this country is flawed….” Actually, our perspective is flawed.

... Of course, if America were uniquely flawed, it would follow that there are a host of nations better. If we know of one, we may want to consider moving there. If we don’t, we should stop parroting that stupid disclaimer. Russians don’t do it. Chinese don’t do it. Japanese don’t do it. Not even Sudanese, Iranians or North Koreans do it.

In fact, while there’s no nation without sin, can you think of one beyond the waning West whose citizens feel compelled to issue self-flagellating we’re-so-flawed utterances? So why do many Americans, despite occupying history’s greatest nation, feel such a compulsion? What are they comparing America to? Heaven?

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/10/now_we_know_my_mother_has_flaws_but.html

This has annoyed the hell out of me, in the same way as "we are a nation of immigrants" always has, and people need to stop saying both.

RTWT
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: “I don’t deny…that this country is flawed….” - Tucker Carlson
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 08:55:56 AM »
  They love to connect immigrants today with immigrants of the past they way they explain it there are no real Americans other than Indians that got here over a land bridge centuries ago.   

When will there be Americans?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 10:25:45 AM »
It's human beings that are "flawed" and, last I looked...EVERY country has 'em. The United States, however, is still exceptional in its goodness (a trait which is rapidly fading).
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 11:32:59 AM »
That crap makes me want to dismember certain people and thrash them with their own limbs!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 05:43:13 PM »
.....in the same way as "we are a nation of immigrants" always has, ....

Not near as annoying to me as when someone tries to tell the indians are indigenous to the U.S.

No they aren't. They just immigrated a couple thousand years before the white man.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 09:14:47 PM »
"Our strength is in our diversity."  ::laserkill::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 07:32:44 AM »
.....in the same way as "we are a nation of immigrants" always has, ....

Not near as annoying to me as when someone tries to tell the indians are indigenous to the U.S.

No they aren't. They just immigrated a couple thousand years before the white man.

Hold your horses there young man!

Read up on Dennis Standford & Bruce Bradford, a couple archeologist's who have found European style tools in at least six different locations along the east coast dated back to 19,000 and 26,000 years ago, the consensus for Asian migration across the Siberia-Alaska "land bridge" is 15,500 years ago, and DNA tests seem to bear out European ancestry being strong and supported by anectdotal evidence past and present that shows so many so-called "native American" features being more European in nature than Asian.  Their contention that ancient Europeans traveled to America, by boat and by foot, during the peak of the last ice age...eating local sea life like fish and extinct Auks.  There is no evidence uncovered by anybody yet that shows any human presence in Alaska previous to 15,500 years ago.  It seems the Europeans absorbed the Asian migration and that is the blend that created the so-called "natives".  It also explains why even in discovery/colonial times why some indians were described as fair-skinned or light of hair or eyes...sure as heck didn't get that from Asia!

;)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 07:38:05 AM »

That retrograde bullsplatter needs to be stuffed back down their ignorant throats!  How can that be a strength when it is used to annihilate one specific race of people?

It is like cheering and showering a Stormtrooper with flowers for executing people!

Damned people uttering that jibberish are genocidal maniacs!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 09:48:33 AM »

If you're a dem practicing identity politics.   The rest of us just want to be Americans.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie