Author Topic: I've been waiting a long time for an uprising against the Goebbels Media!  (Read 1971 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://iotwreport.com/trump-suggests-legacy-media-should-have-their-fcc-licenses-challenged/

Do it!  Super-log overdue!  If these a-holes want to manufacture news instead of report it without bias and agenda...then they should have their license pulled!  The Presscorpse has been like a 100,000 DUI repeat offender running wild in the streets for too long!

Do it!  I will defend it, on the streets...armed!

::whoohoo::

Here, an asshat begging to be singled out...

https://www.weaselzippers.us/360148-nyt-editor-claims-to-be-former-antifa-member-brags-about-anti-trump-bias/

Terrorists make the best editors in the Goebbels Media, dontchyaknow?!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 12:37:49 PM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Only the tv and radio stations get licenses.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
My solution is this;
Time for congress to pass a "Truth in News" bill (similar to the Truth in Advertising Act).  it could read as simply as this;

Any reporter/news outlet/news agency that releases any story that reports anything that is proven to be false will see a minimum of 15 years hard labor AND a minimum fine of $200,000 per false statement in their story.  This law would apply to everyone involved with the story, i.e. reporter, editor, orginization, Org owner, etc.

That may remove the desire to print false news.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
My solution is this;
Time for congress to pass a "Truth in News" bill (similar to the Truth in Advertising Act).  it could read as simply as this;

Any reporter/news outlet/news agency that releases any story that reports anything that is proven to be false will see a minimum of 15 years hard labor AND a minimum fine of $200,000 per false statement in their story.  This law would apply to everyone involved with the story, i.e. reporter, editor, orginization, Org owner, etc.

Exactly who do you think in congress is attaching his/her name to that grenade.   Nobody is going for it they all use fake news at one time or another.   It would be easier to get term limits.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Only the tv and radio stations get licenses.

The "print" media...jurnolista's get "press passes"...ID's are issued by employers, freelancers can make their own and can be union or not, some are issued by event promotors/owners...anybody covering any crime/government stuff have to get passes from local/state government (proof of profession-articles etc varies), the higher you go the more you need, like agency affiliation...

Bottom line, this is largely a self-regulated industry with some nominal government approval...it is screaming for regulation, and why not?  IMO the purveyors of false news and politcal-agenda-driven propaganda is more dangerous to all our other freedoms than anything the Left can invent in their head...the Founders said many times that this nation needed both a moral center (as envisioned it always would be given our heavily predominate Judeo-Christian population) and an educated populace (which even in the Founder's time people gathered to read the latest news) and that the press was part of that compact...together those two things combined with the people not being infringed one iota on their Second Amendment rights and the checks placed upon government authority are the pillars on which this nation was established.  Time for those legs to be repaired.  And central to that is taking measures both along the lines Ben suggests (that deal with after-effects of lies) and on the front end with restoring some integrity into an industry woefully lacking in any.  The latter could be effected by: People (leaders in and out of government) being free to deny veracity-impaired journalist's from covering anything about their sphere of influence and stiff and immediate penalties for printing/broadcasting/disseminating material produced by a barred journalist.

Clearly something should and must be done.

I also think the reintroduction of dueling would help in this area too, like politicians...journalists firing off recklessly laying in the street bleeding out would have a positive effect in helping reign in the easy dissemination of lies.

But JF is right, no latter day politician has that kind of integrity to introduce anything along these lines and so we are back to tapping our fingers until The Great Reckoning commences.

Too bad.  Oh well...

Still, I want markers placed wherever and however and any way they can...it will be so much more fun later when smiling and saying "I told you so", "We tried, you failed...stop yer' bitchin'!" and "Time for your medicine!".

;)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 07:27:51 AM by Libertas »

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
My solution is this;

Exactly who do you think in congress is attaching his/her name to that grenade.   Nobody is going for it they all use fake news at one time or another.   It would be easier to get term limits.

Better question, how could any politician sell to their constituents that he is against such a law.  As the people we expect our news to be truthful.  Any Pol that votes no to such a bill is basically telling the people to fvckoff plebes you don't need to know the truth, just listen to MY lies.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
My solution is this;

Better question, how could any politician sell to their constituents that he is against such a law.  As the people we expect our news to be truthful.  Any Pol that votes no to such a bill is basically telling the people to fvckoff plebes you don't need to know the truth, just listen to MY lies.

We are getting a regular dose of that as it is...sometimes it is not heard is all...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Here's the industry policing itself...which is the same as dragging us down the gutter some more...

http://iotwreport.com/the-ny-times-hires-a-gender-editor/

When is enough BS enough?   ::whatgives::