Topics > History

Here we go again...another battle over what is history...

(1/3) > >>

Libertas:
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/national-politics/article179891631.html

Why cannot anything be presented as it happened uncluttered with latter day opinionizing and editorializing by agenda-driven asshats?  People don't need to be lectured, they are fully capable of researching things themselves and if not then stop trying to Hollywood shyt up!  History especially should not be dumbed down to the lowest denominator and force-fed to people in pc/diversity/multi-culti cultist dogma!

That itch to kill things and break people gettin' twitchy again!   ::oldman::

Pandora:

--- Quote ---Texas Land Commissioner George P. Bush is overseeing a 7-year, $450 million revamp of the Alamo, where 189 independence fighters were killed in 1836. That includes restoration of historical structures and building a new museum and visitors' center. But some conservatives worry that the importance of the battle for the Alamo will be marginalized by "political correctness," with the overhaul sanitizing less-desirable aspects of participants' history, including that some were slaveholders.
--- End quote ---

And he's running for re-election.  The whole Bush clan, lock, stock and Mexican relations, need to go TF away.

Libertas:

--- Quote from: Pandora on October 20, 2017, 07:11:23 AM ---
--- Quote ---Texas Land Commissioner George P. Bush is overseeing a 7-year, $450 million revamp of the Alamo, where 189 independence fighters were killed in 1836. That includes restoration of historical structures and building a new museum and visitors' center. But some conservatives worry that the importance of the battle for the Alamo will be marginalized by "political correctness," with the overhaul sanitizing less-desirable aspects of participants' history, including that some were slaveholders.
--- End quote ---

And he's running for re-election.  The whole Bush clan, lock, stock and Mexican relations, need to go TF away.

--- End quote ---

Amen!

I've had my fill of dynastic rule!   ::cussing::

::rockets::

John Florida:
  All this is about is they want a monument to the Bush clan.  Politicians have been doing it for ever.  How many parks are built against the wish of the people nationwide?

richb:
Same thing with science.    Good luck finding a nature film that doesn't end up talking about global warming,  no matter the original subject.    Or goes into evolution even when there is little to talk about. 

I would be happy with films that present facts about things,  no theory or something with little or no proof or someones wacko opinion. 

My brother is a film maker,  and I have suggested that he make science films free of both global warming and evolution.     He said it would be impossible to finance them,  let alone get them screen time.     Even if he keeps it free of things like creationism that set off the liberal unscientists. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version