Author Topic: Cop arrests ER nurse because she did her job correctly  (Read 5005 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Cop arrests ER nurse because she did her job correctly
« on: September 01, 2017, 03:05:51 PM »
This really made my blood boil when I watched it.  Apparently the police were demanding a blood sample from an unconscious subject, but the hospital policy (agreed upon with the PD) is that blood samples require the subject's consent, a warrant, or that the subject is formally under arrest. Neither of those were true, so the nurse refused to collect a blood sample in keeping with the hospital's policy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihQ1-LQOkns
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Cop arrests ER nurse because she did her job correctly
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 04:55:45 PM »
  I haven't been on top of this story but here is the quote from  Armybrat at the grouchies

"That nurse is absolutely correct.  This was all about the police trying to exonerate the police officer in the chase.  If they can get the blood and find any substance (and guess what...they will!  He's in a burn unit with multiple substances on board from the time EMS got there to the time they wanted the draw) they can declare that the police officer in hot pursuit did not cause the accident, both of the drivers were at fault.  As it is, their officer now stands a hell of a good chance at loosing his career and/or a hell of lot in a cival  suit for placing the public, and the poor bastard in the burn unit in particular, in danger.  And if I were that nurse, the detective that arrested me AND his department would be paying me very large dollars when I win my suit and the detective had better hope he still has a job when all is said and done."
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 05:00:22 PM »
Didn't watch the vid but I read an article.  The unconscious man was the victim, not a suspected perp.

It's said that the nurse is a former Olympic skiing champ.

Here is AN article about it:

http://reason.com/blog/2017/09/01/every-cop-involved-in-the-arrest-of-this

This cop, his superior, and the off-duty cop doing hospital Security duty who let the cop arrest her, need to be fired and prosecuted.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 07:22:56 AM »
Yeah, well...the "hospital security" folks are hit and miss when it comes to common sense...I know that first hand...but yes, he should have known better but they are also conditioned to defer to police in legal matters...I doubt he would prevent the officer from doing anything, what he could do though is voice his opposition to his action and tell the officer he is reporting him to his supervisor and leaving it to him and hospital executives to decide how to approach the city with it (not that most of those aren't a bunch of libiot bedwetter's themselves...likely they'd lodge a complaint and that's it!).  The stupid-ass cop should be drummed out...but that brings up another issue - recycled garbage!  These "bad cops" just leave one area for another...it's like the Catholic Priest's who molest kids...they just shuffle from place to place...and nobody cares that there are rotten cops in most all levels in every area...especially large urban areas!  The other thing is this case happening in Salt Lake...I would expect this to be more common in your large east coast and west coast cities and crap in between like Chitcago & Detoilet & Minneapolis...it's just more proof that "bad cops" infest everywhere...just like I said!

Nurse Alex has a fantastic case against the city...and thanks to a hospital security clown who did not protest her unlawful detention she also now has a case against her employer...

I tell ya...the species is getting dumber by the second...

« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 07:26:02 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 09:53:57 PM »
If I were a cop, I think one group of people I would bend over backwards to maintain good relations with is the hospital ER staff.  Duhhhhh, real brainiac move there, Officer Friendly.

A lot of cops are simply dickheads.  Dickheads who get off on exerting authority over others.  Her only "crime" was daring to contradict this prick.  The whole profession has really burned a lot of bridges over the past 20 years or so. They cultivate this imperious attitude in their fraternity. The "Us vs. Them" thing is entirely of their creation.

Maybe that seems like a harsh assessment, so what do I base it on?  Not so much the actions of this one cop, bad as they were. What I really took note of in the video is the fact that there appeared to be at least 3 or 4 other officers present, from what appeared to be multiple agencies. And did any of them attempt to deescalate things prior to him grabbing the nurse and dragging her out of the ER? Did any of them say "Hey let's just sit tight and wait for Sgt. so-and-so" or anything of the sort?

I'm just not impressed with the "bad apples making the rest look bad" defense anymore.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 07:04:28 AM »
If I were a cop, I think one group of people I would bend over backwards to maintain good relations with is the hospital ER staff.  Duhhhhh, real brainiac move there, Officer Friendly.

A lot of cops are simply dickheads.  Dickheads who get off on exerting authority over others.  Her only "crime" was daring to contradict this prick.  The whole profession has really burned a lot of bridges over the past 20 years or so. They cultivate this imperious attitude in their fraternity. The "Us vs. Them" thing is entirely of their creation.

Maybe that seems like a harsh assessment, so what do I base it on?  Not so much the actions of this one cop, bad as they were. What I really took note of in the video is the fact that there appeared to be at least 3 or 4 other officers present, from what appeared to be multiple agencies. And did any of them attempt to deescalate things prior to him grabbing the nurse and dragging her out of the ER? Did any of them say "Hey let's just sit tight and wait for Sgt. so-and-so" or anything of the sort?

I'm just not impressed with the "bad apples making the rest look bad" defense anymore.

Good catch, I usually rail against that chickensh*t lock-step crap too...but that is where we are...they cannot hide the fact it is them against us....they've lumped citizens and criminals in the not-them camp...and they'll have to live with the consequences.

Part of me says fine, burn all your bridges...see how that works out for ya.

I'm sure there are good ones around...some even in these urban ranks, perhaps more in rural and county ranks...but the majority is making the decisions for them and if they go along with it they are part of the problem not part of the solution.

So be it.

t55

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 05:13:03 AM »
When Americans get sent to the concentration camps, will the Gestapo listen to their consciences or to the captains who sign their paychecks?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 07:41:32 AM »
All Hail Obama, Hillary...Whoever.

t55

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 07:48:06 AM »
Force always attracts men of low morality.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2017, 07:53:42 AM »
 ::saywhat::  I am a force...

You are missing a critical element...

t55

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 07:58:53 AM »
If you're not cop, you're little people.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2017, 08:00:04 AM »
Still missing...

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2017, 12:18:26 PM »
If you're not cop, you're little people.

Busy little beaver this morning. Ain't ya?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2017, 06:55:26 AM »
Yeah, he gone now...didn't like direct questions...

I think he is weeping before his shrine to Ron Paul...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2017, 08:04:10 AM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2017, 08:15:57 AM »

Are you getting a different result yet?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2017, 08:20:20 AM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2017, 08:25:24 AM »