Author Topic: Jon Huntsman and the MSM  (Read 2708 times)

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Jon Huntsman and the MSM
« on: May 23, 2011, 05:21:30 AM »
When Jon Huntsman is heralded by the MSM and even Stymie's close advisors as "The Guy To Watch" , red flags should be going up all over the place . Not inspite of , but bercause of all the nice things the left is saying about Huntsman we should be very circumspect about their motive . Let's face it , the Democrats and liberal media has never been known for doing the GOP any favors . I think , therefore , that they see Huntsman as a bland candidate who Stymie can easily defeat in 2012 .
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 08:28:31 AM by Sectionhand »

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: John Huntsman and the MSM
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 06:38:47 AM »
It goes without saying. There are two possibilities: The media believes Huntsman will lose, or the media believes that Huntsman is a Leftist.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: John Huntsman and the MSM
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 06:50:26 AM »
Neither reason is good news for our cause.

I want someone who absolutely frustrates the living daylights out of the MFM!   ;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

Re: Jon Huntsman and the MSM
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 10:07:25 AM »

Huntsman is the slickest Republican running; he may be one of the overall slickest of both Parties in this political cycle.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 12:15:49 PM »
While no one person has been selected yet I think it's clear what kind of person the tea party wants so the MSM and RINOs, afraid of the tea party, are heralding anyone but a tea party person. Never heard of this guy and suddenly he's the man?
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 11:22:20 AM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 11:32:25 AM »
Huntsman repulses me!

::puke::

::rockethrow::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 11:35:51 AM »
Mr. Huntsman just go away.  Not interested.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 02:53:04 PM »
Doesn't bother me the media elites like Huntsman. This guy can't foola  true conservative...Tea Partiers will not fall for this guy. He become one of many Rovians courting the same lilly livered vote.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 03:47:39 PM »

I didn't know he was straight.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 05:27:31 PM »
The "Image" of projection is currently "come on in, sit down, work under the table and the tax payers will foot the bill for whatever ailes you. ::facepalm::

Since he's never been representing  border state, he's clueless as to the vast amount of damage the illegals do. If it comes to Huntsman or Obamakov, I'm voting for secession and declaring war upon the USSA.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 06:46:43 PM »

How about allowing them to sue for peace?

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 06:56:31 PM »
Is he the guy Glenn Beck is always praising or do I have him confused with someone else?
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 07:30:23 PM »
Is he the guy Glenn Beck is always praising or do I have him confused with someone else?

I believe this is the son.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 07:58:14 PM »
When Jon Huntsman is heralded by the MSM and even Stymie's close advisors as "The Guy To Watch" , red flags should be going up all over the place . Not inspite of , but bercause of all the nice things the left is saying about Huntsman we should be very circumspect about their motive . Let's face it , the Democrats and liberal media has never been known for doing the GOP any favors . I think , therefore , that they see Huntsman as a bland candidate who Stymie can easily defeat in 2012 .

Ace sez you can't think for yourself...

Limbaugh did that crap by speculating that Daniels must be a bad candidate because exactly two liberal columnists said he was smart or that "at least he's not crazy."

Oh, two morons who we have no respect for said that, ergo, let's not bother thinking ourselves, and just think the opposite. Because they must know more than us, right?

We're the stupid kids cheating off the smart kids.

This was in the comments section of this post. I was somewhat surprised that he would take this stance. It was very late at night and maybe his brain wasn't firing on all cylinders. Or maybe he was just trying to be a contrarian to stir things up. Don't know, but, it seems to me that if O'Bama and the MFM are doing the Brer Rabbit and the briar patch thing it would be more than a little smart to not fall for it.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2011, 08:09:04 PM »

Yeah, I'd rather go down with honor than have a frog's death in a steamer.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2011, 08:54:20 PM »

He really, truly, does look like the kind of fella about whom it will eventually be revealed that he frequents bathhouses. I hate to make a judgment like that based on appearance, but the guy looks like a homosexual. Not a pedo, or a flamer - just your average pole-smoking homosexual.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2011, 09:02:43 PM »

He really, truly, does look like the kind of fella about whom it will eventually be revealed that he frequents bathhouses. I hate to make a judgment like that based on appearance, but the guy looks like a homosexual. Not a pedo, or a flamer - just your average pole-smoking homosexual.

So if he becomes the Republican nominee and is eventually "outed", the MSM will make sure his candidacy will be destroyed.  While a Democrat homosexual would be a brave, ground-breaking individual speaking truth to power.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2011, 09:30:03 PM »

Ace sez you can't think for yourself...

Limbaugh did that crap by speculating that Daniels must be a bad candidate because exactly two liberal columnists said he was smart or that "at least he's not crazy."

Oh, two morons who we have no respect for said that, ergo, let's not bother thinking ourselves, and just think the opposite. Because they must know more than us, right?

We're the stupid kids cheating off the smart kids.

This was in the comments section of this post. I was somewhat surprised that he would take this stance. It was very late at night and maybe his brain wasn't firing on all cylinders. Or maybe he was just trying to be a contrarian to stir things up. Don't know, but, it seems to me that if O'Bama and the MFM are doing the Brer Rabbit and the briar patch thing it would be more than a little smart to not fall for it.

I'm getting very, very tired of the anti-Pailin sentiment at Ace of Spades.
~ Ann Barnhardt

charlesoakwood

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2011, 10:33:01 PM »

It's a Republican tradition; eat your own.

They'll whine for three years about not having a Pubbie or having a Commie but when it comes time to stand up for the team out comes the paradox.

I can't wait for the first 'Romney's not a Christian' comment, which was a big kicker last go round.  As Herman Cain says, "How's that working out for you?"