Author Topic: Opioids?  (Read 1386 times)

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Opioids?
« on: November 06, 2017, 10:54:48 PM »
Local weather station television ads, Twitter & internet news are crawling with Opioid chatter. Does anyone actually care that folks are offing themselves with this stuff? It seems to me like more 'evolution in action' nonsense or the latest trendy way to ride the cutting edge of dangerous behavior...

...or am I insensitive to the people-groups that overdose on this category of drug?

Source
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Opioids?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 06:57:14 AM »
What's the problem again?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 10:06:15 AM »
What's the problem again?

Folks O.D.ing on prescription pain medication (& also some heroin) - and/or attempting to get their doctors to prescribe more after they've become hooked.
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 10:17:40 AM »
All I can say is I'm SOOO blessed. When Nick had his car wreck and in serious pain, he was pushing the morphine button as much as it would let him (timed).

But he's past that with no ill effects. He still doesn't do drugs except for his blood pressure medicine and the occasional beer.

I thank the Lord daily.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 10:37:52 AM »
All I can say is I'm SOOO blessed. When Nick had his car wreck and in serious pain, he was pushing the morphine button as much as it would let him (timed).

But he's past that with no ill effects. He still doesn't do drugs except for his blood pressure medicine and the occasional beer.

I thank the Lord daily.

Amen, Alan - praise God!
(and I'm on my last 6-pack of Sam Adams Octoberfest!)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 07:48:51 PM »
Good for him.  That's one of my Big Fears.  Chronic pain that could only be relieved by the nasty stuff.