Author Topic: I'm not touching any of this jogger mess...let's just flush all that noise!  (Read 3541 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Flushed.  Again.

I don't know how to keep 'em out.  I keep banning their IPs, hosts and emails and they keep coming back using the same.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
One would think they'd get the message and stay out...one can only conclude they are psychotic and enjoy getting people pissed at them...

PaulBots & Progs can be like that though...they share a common lack of character...

Oh well, Whack-A-Mole it is!

Thanks for your efforts though, much appreciated!!!   ::grouphug::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
If it continues, we could change the registration process to require a manual approval by an admin to activate a new account.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
I suspect it will continue, so can we just go ahead and change the registration and approval process please?  I'll do it, willingly.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
I suspect it will continue, so can we just go ahead and change the registration and approval process please?  I'll do it, willingly.

If you can, go for it. I’m not in a place right now where I can get at it since I’m just on my phone. It may require prime admin access, and if so I’ll get to it later on.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
I miss all the good stuff.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Yeah, so do I.. Can we archive the crap under a new thread like " things stupid unwelcome morons say" - I hate it when I miss a chance to laugh at them

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero

If you can, go for it. I’m not in a place right now where I can get at it since I’m just on my phone. It may require prime admin access, and if so I’ll get to it later on.

We had another this morning, so if you can see to it, I'd much appreciate it.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
It's done. The thought occurs to me though, that when someone registers anew, we have no way of telling whether they'll be one of these trolls until they actually post something. So it seems to me that even though I suggested this course of action, we're not really solving the problem. The only way to avoid it is to shut down registration altogether, and while I see no immediate consequence to that, long-term it'll be a forum-killer.

If it's the same person overcoming the IP address ban, that means they're using some means to navigate to the site with a different IP address each time they register. Not sure how it all works, but something like a proxy to mask the IP from which they're actually located. Have no idea what to do about it.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
What if we go to invitation only?  I would never be a member if that was in place when I joined, but at least someone already here would know who the person asking to become a member is.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
So having not seen the posts - are these people spamming to sell something or ideological trolls?

Iwhy not send them  a "purity" test?  Seriously, liberals won't fill it out ( in 15 years NO ONE has ever filled out even my true/false tests)  and people trying to sell stuff aren't going to bother with that noise and move to an easier target.

It can be really , really simple questions too.   Do  you agree with the declaration of Independence, that a government that does not protect a individuals basic rights  is inherently illegitimate and tyrannical?  Or just give them a direct quote and ask if they agree.  Or ask  one long answer  like  "Is it  wrong to try to control people and take their  stuff? Why or Why not? 

Typically just reading the questions gets them  foaming at the mouth, and ready to do violence. Sure they could LIE and still get in but most aren't going to bother. And if we get an acceptable answer,  we post it to the forum as that user's first post, so any conversation begins there.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
More of the latter Weisshaupt, a hardcore PaulBot intent only posting quotes of the Dear Leader and his Acolytes and not interesting in a discussion...totally avoided my challenges...what's the point of having a member who will not discuss things honestly and is only intent on pasting their propaganda?  Not that I disagree entirely with Paulism, but as we all know the hardcore true believer holds some batshyt crazy notions and this one seemed an anarchist without a clue who would be comfortable in an OWS crowd or Code pink rally!

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Why would a Paulbot be intent on troll posting here? To the point of trying to get re-authed after being banned multiple times?
We are going to agree with most of it anyway - that one is wierd.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
More of the latter Weisshaupt, a hardcore PaulBot intent only posting quotes of the Dear Leader and his Acolytes and not interesting in a discussion...totally avoided my challenges...what's the point of having a member who will not discuss things honestly and is only intent on pasting their propaganda?  Not that I disagree entirely with Paulism, but as we all know the hardcore true believer holds some batshyt crazy notions and this one seemed an anarchist without a clue who would be comfortable in an OWS crowd or Code pink rally!

Eggzactly. If he had been honest and his intentions sincere he would most likely still be here. No one here is afraid of honest dialog.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
An honest player does not come new to a forum and post the same kind of one-liner crap on fifteen or more threads.

We've had enough newbs to recognize a sincere effort to engage when they appear.

I don't believe it was/is a Paulbot, it's just a troll-bot.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
True, it could've been a typical prog troll trying to masquerade as something it wasn't...would explain why they suck at dialogue...even a PaulBot will argue with some facts and engage...this creature however was always evasive...so Pan is probably right...