Author Topic: Language, Words & Your Spiritual Condition  (Read 2583 times)

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Language, Words & Your Spiritual Condition
« on: November 15, 2017, 05:22:31 AM »
I occasionally listen to God & Country radio, with Pastor Brad Winship. Last week's program was entitled “A Primer on Liberal Words” (approx 25 minutes long)

Imagine being raised solely by the popular media and public education without every darkening the doors of a church.  Not only would you have a one-sided view of the world, but you would think only in terms of liberal vocabulary.  As George Orwell explained in his novel 1984,  “Newspeak” is designed to limit freedom of thought.

Here are some notes I took from the program:

The language of a people reflects their spiritual condition

2 Timothy 1:13
Retain the standard of sound words which you have heard from me, in the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus.

1 Cor 2:13
which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words.

combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words - Black Liberation Theology reflect wrong spiritual values:

* Intersectional - racism, sexism, homophobia -  are all connected

* Social injustice is tied to racial social identity (Gay rights, Women's rights, minority rights - united in fighting the  same thing).

* Critical Theory - a school of thought that stresses the reflective assessment & critique of society & culture by applying knowledge from social sciences & the humanities

* Secular philosophies that are critical of traditional Judeo/Christian values

* Critical Race Theory says the traditional values of the Constitution & Free Enterprise are unfair  "white" constructs.

* Cultural Appropriation - When you adopt an aspect of another culture that offends that culture or individuals in that culture.

* Eating, talking or clothing of another minority by a white person = culturally insensitive
      * They want segregation & race division because that's where they find their identity.

* Safe Spaces - places where you are free & safe from ideas you don't agree with

* e.g. I should have the right to not hear what I don't like (Romans 1:18)

* Microaggression - anything that can be in any way construed to be racist

* "America is the land of opportunity"
      * "Free Speech"

* Trigger & Trigger Warnings - having negative emotions "triggered" by terms & ideas to which you feign offense

* truth is not being viewed objectively, but in terms of how it subjectively effects other people.
      * what becomes right & true is defined through a lens of what triggers me.

* Privilege - envy & grievances have turned this word into a "bad" thing - the sin of Cain & Able

* Social Justice - This is NOT about individual justice about God-given rights & responsibilities, it's a term of Communism - that the government is the arbiter of wealth redistribution

* Discrimination -  this used to be a good term; showing that one could discriminate & judge between good & evil.

* The ability to discriminate is a precious faculty
      * But by asserting that ALL people of one race are the same, the racist shows himself incapable of discrimination - so the person today, who discriminates is REALLY not being discriminating
      * The ungodly of this world don't want us to discriminate between homo & heterosexuality or the role of men & women

* The mislabeling of terms:

* Murder = abortion or reproductive choice - hides an evil ideology
      * Global Warming/Climate Change
      * Co2 is called Carbon pollution
      * Liberal = Progressives - meaning the leaving behind of Christian moral & economic values
      * Deficit Spending = Investing in the Future
      * Food Stamps = SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
      * Democracy = an incantation only, meant to stir emotions. We live in a Constitutional Republic, NOT a "democracy".

* Social revolutions depend upon a change in language - and that language reflects the ideology of the revolution

* Suppress the truth by corrupting the language

* Many churches make the mistake of looking @ scripture though a cultural lens - rather than looking @ culture through a scriptural lens.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 05:43:20 AM by Pablo de Fleurs »
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Language, Words & Your Spiritual Condition
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 07:18:44 AM »
Basically a retrospective on how tribalists on the Left, run of the mill Progs, Black Nationalists etc have used language to demonize their enemies and blurr their intent to rob, rape, beat or kill people because of their ideology, sex or skin color...while simultaneously denying their hated enemies legitimacy to criticize them for their totalitarian genocidal mania.

Basically my response to them is "eff them!" and "your time runneth short"!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 07:52:04 AM »
It's useful to me when speaking with pastors. I have a growing network of pastors, some of whom (and others outside my personal network) are slowly knuckling under to political correctness. White pastors with mixed congregations are saying things like "A guy who looks like me has to be extremely careful about what I say!" - making the error of looking @ scripture though a cultural lens rather than culture through a scriptural lens.

Rather than blurt out expletives in their face, explaining how thus & such has its roots in Communism, or providing scripture to back up a point is useful...

...(and I can always resort to name-calling or a savage beat-down as a last resort  ;D )

Edit: I've had 1 or 2 folks read what I've posted in Diqus forums (some savage or deliberately over-the-top responses to Black Lives Matter or Antifa issues) - & are unable to get the 24/7 love-of-Jesus-under-ANY-circumstances mindset out of their brains. The meshing together of scripture PLUS a mindset of self-preservation & standing up for existential truth is difficult for a large percentage of the population to grasp & ACT on.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 08:01:43 AM by Pablo de Fleurs »
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 09:05:21 AM »
It's useful to me when speaking with pastors. I have a growing network of pastors, some of whom (and others outside my personal network) are slowly knuckling under to political correctness. White pastors with mixed congregations are saying things like "A guy who looks like me has to be extremely careful about what I say!" - making the error of looking @ scripture though a cultural lens rather than culture through a scriptural lens.

Rather than blurt out expletives in their face, explaining how thus & such has its roots in Communism, or providing scripture to back up a point is useful...

...(and I can always resort to name-calling or a savage beat-down as a last resort  ;D )

Edit: I've had 1 or 2 folks read what I've posted in Diqus forums (some savage or deliberately over-the-top responses to Black Lives Matter or Antifa issues) - & are unable to get the 24/7 love-of-Jesus-under-ANY-circumstances mindset out of their brains. The meshing together of scripture PLUS a mindset of self-preservation & standing up for existential truth is difficult for a large percentage of the population to grasp & ACT on.

You hit the nail square on the head right there!

It never ceases to amaze...and anger me...that so many people cannot stick to that one simple obvious inescapable truth!

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 10:27:45 PM »
It never ceases to amaze...and anger me...that so many people cannot stick to that one simple obvious inescapable truth!

And yet there are examples EVERY freaking day.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 06:53:56 AM »

And yet there are examples EVERY freaking day.

Rage Du juor...spin a wheel, throw a dart...fun for the whole family!   ::outrage::

« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 07:05:36 AM by Libertas »