Topics > History

Some American Colony history trivia

<< < (3/3)

Libertas:
Are the latter two some of the same folks?

#2 has to be a New Englander, John Adams?

#1 I know...drawing a blank now...don't recall the last name...first name was olde tyme funky...Pleasant, Prudence, Preston, Patience, damn...something like that with a "P"!   ::gaah::

rustybayonet:
Born on Mayflower while anchored ---  Peregrine White

Not John Adams --- it was Franklin D. Roosevelt -- descendant of both - John Howland and Elizabeth Tilley
                              also , both Bush's -- from both Howland and Tilley
                              John Howland also had descendant Mrs. Theodore Roosevelt
                              John Howlands brother 'Henry' {came in next trip to Plymouth had descendants Richard Nixon/Gerald Ford& W. Churchill

Fear Brewster had a descendant -- Zachary Taylor
also read somewhere that Dan Quale is a descendant but have not found or verified.

Libertas:
Peregrine!   ::gaah::  Missed by that much!

Next trip?  Winthrop Fleet 1640, I have ancestors on that one.  My ancestor had descendents that would marry into Roosevelt & Delano clans, US Grant, JQ Adams, Hancock Lee, Zachary Taylor, George Parke Custis & Robert E Lee, Jefferson Davis & William H Taft.  My mothers uncle did a whole bunch of research and came up with a chart showing past notable descendants...I did a show & tell on it way back in grade school once.

Anybody with ancestors that far back though is going to have a lot of cross commonality in relations, hard to avoid.  Interesting though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version