Topics > History

Some American Colony history trivia

<< < (2/3) > >>

rustybayonet:
Oldest living afterward.  Mary Allerton came over when 6years old and lived to 83+ and last living Mayflower passenger.
Oldest to make the crossing - John Ragdale - in his 70's
Stephen Hopkins was probably the one you thought had been to Virginia earlier. and yes most of those crossing for religious reasons left from Leiden, Holland

Libertas:
Ahh. 

Good stuff Rusty, I love history, especially early American...

I often feel I was born 200 years too late...and I kinda have a chip on my shoulder about that...in so many ways being alive right now is so bloody irritating!

History of this sort is bittersweet for me...but still I seek it out, read a new tome on the subject, re-read my favorites and loose myself in time...

(sigh)

rustybayonet:
My favorite quote to those non-believers is; “Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.” by Edmund Burke.
In my opinion that is why -those running [into the ground] our education system are dumbing down America for control.    So------this is my way to give back something to my grandkids, with the hope their generation doesn't forget.  Unfortunately, for history nuts like me it could be futility, because to many things have been imbedded in their minds taking the place of truth and understanding.

Libertas:
Don't give up.  I still amaze my nephews with my repository of knowledge...

Or they are just humoring the old fart...

But I think they pay attention...   ::thumbsup::

rustybayonet:
Next trivia;

This person was born while the Mayflower was anchored off of Provincetown Harbor ?

What former U.S. President had more than one Mayflower passenger in his family tree ?

This Mayflower passenger had two U.S. Presidents and one U.S. Vice-President has his descendants ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version