Author Topic: Civic Nationalism and the Demise of the American Experiment  (Read 2371 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Civic Nationalism and the Demise of the American Experiment
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2017, 10:21:58 PM »
Glock wrote:  ""Tribalism is real, it always has been. The great mistake of libertarianism is its insistence on individualism in the face of enemies who reject individualism."

Libertas responded:  "It is real because it has been made that way by people who offer no other choice."

I think not, Libertas.  Read again some of the rest of what Glock wrote:

... Tribalism is real, it always has been.

You are going to have to let Pan win this one Libertas. I agree with you, that a better society is the one where individualism wins. We aren't going to get it. And I am seeing enough other people arriving at that conclusion that it may end up being the only way any fight can be had.

Humans are too intrinsically tribal. . And you know what, we gave those frigging degenerates a chance at learning our ways. They used them to exploit us. If  the only way we can organize to wipe them out is along the easy and tribal ways, then fine. We offered them a way out . They refused it. Its not that way I want it and I will probably still, in my perosnal life, not give a damn about race or color or religion. But if that is the only frigging way to save the rest of it, then yep, I'm in.  I am not pro-white nationalist, but I certainly won't get in their way if and when the time comes.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Civic Nationalism and the Demise of the American Experiment
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2017, 08:05:28 AM »
Glock wrote:  ""Tribalism is real, it always has been. The great mistake of libertarianism is its insistence on individualism in the face of enemies who reject individualism."

Libertas responded:  "It is real because it has been made that way by people who offer no other choice."

I think not, Libertas.  Read again some of the rest of what Glock wrote:

... Tribalism is real, it always has been.

You are going to have to let Pan win this one Libertas. I agree with you, that a better society is the one where individualism wins. We aren't going to get it. And I am seeing enough other people arriving at that conclusion that it may end up being the only way any fight can be had.

Humans are too intrinsically tribal. . And you know what, we gave those frigging degenerates a chance at learning our ways. They used them to exploit us. If  the only way we can organize to wipe them out is along the easy and tribal ways, then fine. We offered them a way out . They refused it. Its not that way I want it and I will probably still, in my perosnal life, not give a damn about race or color or religion. But if that is the only frigging way to save the rest of it, then yep, I'm in.  I am not pro-white nationalist, but I certainly won't get in their way if and when the time comes.

Agreed.  I like the clarification of "we offered them a way out" and in fact we offered all of our current hostile combatants (again, their choice!) several ways out.  Stuff is going to happen, and it's a so sad/too bad thing.  The more this goes on too the more jaded I am becoming...when I say there will be no quarter or mercy granted to our enemies it means there will be no quarter or mercy given, period...how can there be with an array of tribes opposing us and de-legitimizing Founding Principles, our Judeo-Christian heritage and elevating every evil as good?  They are no less dogmatic, psychotic or dangerous than the Islaminals.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.