Author Topic: FISA Reauthorization  (Read 883 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
FISA Reauthorization
« on: November 27, 2017, 07:48:12 AM »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
Re: FISA Reauthorization
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 06:17:41 PM »
If anyone is interested, there are a few episodes of The Good Wife that deal with FISA warrants and wiretaps. They are not some boring good vs evil plots. They are amusing and well written. A few court room scenes look like Kafka wrote them. Secret documents. Secret rooms where some attorneys are not allowed to enter to view documents. Documents with almost every word redacted.

The Good Wife is on Amazon if you have prime.

There are bored, 20 something NSA contractor cube rats (cubicle dwellers) who are listening to the law firm's phone conversations and discuss them as the latest soap opera revelations.  Later a cube rat needs legal representation and goes to that firm but is afraid to tell them he has been listening to them for a long time.

"When The Good Wife's NSA storyline was first introduced in the show's magnificent Season 5, it was a surprising and interesting twist that added layers to the Chicago legal show. "
The Bit Bucket S5E2
Parallel Construction, Bitches S5E13
All Tapped Out S5E18
Landing S7E19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF_DT-l1sZQ
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 07:31:29 AM »
As I already identified myself as a skeptic above (most already know this!)...it is my opinion that a primary Hollywood mission is to get the masses conditioned to accepting new norms that would have set The Founders blood to boiling...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 05:50:12 PM »

The Good Wife FISA episodes will not make you less skeptical.
From my faulty memory. ...
One NSA guy is spying on his ex-wife.
One NSA guy is forced out for slimy reasons.

SPOILER ALERT
The law firm has to switch to burner phones to avoid the NSA.

The law firm attempts to have the corrupt ex-governor call his Senator buddy on the intelligence committee to get the NSA surveillance stopped. It doesn't work. So then the corrupt ex-governor calls the senator and starts talking about some actual crooked real estate deal they had going while the NSA is listening. The surveillance ends.

When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 08:30:03 AM »
That there is a myth...the NSA hoover's everything.  If they want to all they have to do is key word searches on you to know who you talk to, what you say, where your live, shop, vacation, bank...

Often, on various media I like to throw in a "Bleep DeepState NSA whores!" just for their consumption so they know I know what they're up to...

::evilbat::