Author Topic: SCOTUS Insanity  (Read 2235 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
SCOTUS Insanity
« on: May 24, 2011, 06:45:36 AM »
Supreme Court orders California to release tens of thousands of prison inmates
The 5-4 decision represents one of the largest prison release orders in U.S. history. The court majority says overcrowding has caused 'suffering and death.' In a sharp dissent, Justice Antonin Scalia warns 'terrible things are sure to happen.'
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/sc-dc-0524-court-prisons-web-20110523,0,2337401.story

::cussing:: Kennedy!  I don't care if 54,000 felons have to share the same crapper!

Between the coming crime-wave about to hit Californian's and the higher taxes Scary Jerry wants to impose (see link below) how many more reasons do sane people need to abandon this sorry state?!

http://blogs.sacbee.com/capitolalertlatest/2011/05/jerry-brown-calls-prison-rulin.html#disqus_thread

The world is being taken over by the nucking futs!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: SCOTUS Insanity
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 07:16:53 AM »
Illegal immigrants. That's what it boils down to. Wetbacks being handed a free ride by liberals whether on the street or in the penitentiary. Get rid of them - secure the border and deport those here illegally - and your overcrowding problem goes away. But the liberals will not allow it. Tens of thousands of criminals will now be released because liberals will not address the scourge of illegal aliens. California will devolve into a third-world hellhole, and they will not even allow their citizens to protect themselves with deadly force.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 10:56:02 AM »
The article mentions "needless suffering and death"...... Welp, that will happen if you release prisoners.

I love the part of 54 inmates sharing one toilet....as being inhumane? How about digging a latrine? Or better yet, hold it.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 10:59:47 AM »

That crap is toxic you can't just dig a hole in the ground and bury it, this ain't some third world country, you know.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 11:45:52 AM »
Ok, so it's inhumane. The ONLY solution is to release them?  How about just saying that the state must relieve that problem?  Let the state figure it out.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 01:24:50 PM »
Build Army-style outdoor latrines. How to dispose of it? Here you go boys, some 55 gallon drums and diesel fuel.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 03:08:29 PM »
Ok, so it's inhumane. The ONLY solution is to release them?  How about just saying that the state must relieve that problem?  Let the state figure it out.

So all these "latinos" are let out of prison so 54 can move into a 1500 sq foot "home" with one toilet......

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 03:09:16 PM »

That crap is toxic you can't just dig a hole in the ground and bury it, this ain't some third world country, you know.

::hysterical:: ::hysterical:: ::rolllaughing::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 04:33:55 PM »

Actually, of late I've noticed that it is beginning to resemble the world's largest outdoor toilet...And that our rulers like it that way.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 03:38:31 AM »
Frankly , I don't give a sh*t what happens in California . As long as they stay in California .... Turn 'em lose !

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 05:02:59 PM »
Frankly , I don't give a sh*t what happens in California . As long as they stay in California .... Turn 'em lose !

I'm worried it'll spread, though.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

hemm

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 05:14:53 PM »
Wait, this just in:

Experts in California shocked by jump in crime.............

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 05:32:34 PM »

I'm worried it'll spread, though.

It will indeed spread. If nothing else, it's just one more strain on their totally unsustainable fiscal policy that will lead to the inevitable wailing for a Federal bailout.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 06:21:41 PM »

They say that what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas but they also say what starts in Kalifornia soon enough affects the rest of the country. The state has historically been the testbed for liberal lunacy. If it proves out to be sheer insanity then it is adopted by other states.

The SCOTUS decision potentially affects every state and is the precurser to even bolder (crazier) edicts from the bench. I used to think that Kelo was the worst decision that modern-day SCOTUS has delivered but this beats Kelo hands down.

We are truly screwed.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2011, 08:46:49 PM »
Arm up, the zombie pool is growing, and do it before the Boy Tyrant ends all gun purchases!

http://nation.foxnews.com/guns/2011/05/25/obama-were-working-gun-control-under-radar

Under the radar...that means shredding the 2nd Amendment and imposing tyranny!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.