Author Topic: A note to bike lane pimping Progs - you are insane!  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
A note to bike lane pimping Progs - you are insane!
« on: December 06, 2017, 07:41:06 AM »
This is priceless!

The main points by this guy:

-bikes cause more traffic, which equals more pollution.

-bike lanes are underused for the amount of real estate they’re taking up.

-businesses are dying because no one can park in front of stores.

-no one is going to abandon their car for a bike, most bikers are former public transportation users, which is lost revenue.

-bikes are dangerous for pedestrians, mainly because they don’t adhere to the rules of the road.

The one point he makes that I kind of enjoy is that bikers are getting sick because of the pollution. They breathe deeper and more rapidly while surrounded by lots of exhaust. So, the smug greenie is getting black lung.

http://iotwreport.com/pro-bike-canadian-environmentalist-writes-mea-culpa-for-promoting-city-biking/

::laughonfloor::

So, I guess when all the bikers are dead of various lung diseases and whatever...maybe then the lanes will go away...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member
Re: A note to bike lane pimping Progs - you are insane!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 02:39:03 PM »
What sucks is we will have to spend millions in 10-15 years removing the bike lanes when they go out of favor with that crowd,  as we pay off the millions spent putting in bike lanes now.   The worst are bike lanes put on roads that clearly shouldn't have bikes on them,  like very busy highways, where they should be prohibited, not invited to "share" the roadway.   They should have stuck with the off road bike paths,  which are generally nicer,  because they aren't on busy roads.   Add to the fact that in cold and snowy weather,  they aren't generally even used by anyone.   

Bike paths are recreational in nature,  and should come from parks and recreation budgets,  not from the transportation budget.    I tick off many folks when I point that fact out,  that very few are actually going somewhere (like work) on a bike.  99% are recreational users.

If anything,  the reasons used by the "pro" biker sound more like reasons against urban bikes.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 02:43:36 PM by richb »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 02:49:54 PM »
Some of the roads I travel in NC have signs stating that cyclers may use the whole lane, usually because the road is too damn narrow to accommodate a bike lane on the side, which tells me having cyclers on the road is a bad frickin idea.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 02:54:36 PM »
Some of the roads I travel in NC have signs stating that cyclers may use the whole lane, usually because the road is too damn narrow to accommodate a bike lane on the side, which tells me having cyclers on the road is a bad frickin idea.

It's too bad that rule doesn't include yielding to the side to allow faster traffic to pass.   They never do that.    Probably still wouldn't even with a rule in place.   So motorists once again have to cool their heels...............

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 07:44:32 PM »

It's too bad that rule doesn't include yielding to the side to allow faster traffic to pass.   They never do that.    Probably still wouldn't even with a rule in place.   So motorists once again have to cool their heels...............

Wait for a good puddle and pass them even if they don't learn it will be more fun than waiting.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 07:01:51 AM »
The thing to keep in mind though...is they want to punish auto drivers...puddle-splashers and bike-clippers are equal in their eyes and will be punished to fullest extent of their demented imaginations...they won't be happy until every internal-combustion engine has been banned and destroyed...just like their hatred of gun owners...the implements musty be eliminated...then a less-mobile unarmed body of serfs will finally be able to be fully tamed and enslaved by The Enlightened Ones...

OMDB!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.