Author Topic: Winter started up around these parts again the other day  (Read 22691 times)

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
Re: Winter started up around these parts again the other day
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2018, 05:59:13 PM »
  Just got off the phone with my BIL in Wilmington N.C. and the city is shut down for three days till it melts. They have 2" on the ground and the place is freaked out.   ::snoshovel::

Two inches?
Every see southerners try to drive in the snow?  It's a riot.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2018, 08:08:39 PM »
  Just got off the phone with my BIL in Wilmington N.C. and the city is shut down for three days till it melts. They have 2" on the ground and the place is freaked out.   ::snoshovel::

Two inches?

With Gods help I will soon.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2018, 10:35:47 PM »
Yes and no.  Refrigerator fan not delivered, according to repairman this morning.  I'm not expecting him to get his ass, and the part, here until Monday.  He made me snort to m'self on the phone as he opined on how horrible my street probably is (and it is), judging by the local streets 'round his house, he said, and what I didn't rub in his face was that my horrible street is the same one Gunsmith's traveled for the last two days TO GET TO WORK.

Lazy, scaredy-cat bastid.

'S okay; G. rigged up a fan inside of the back to blow air on the compressor to keep it on the cool side, so the box is plugged in and running right now.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2018, 09:20:13 AM »
....what I didn't rub in his face was that my horrible street is the same one Gunsmith's traveled for the last two days TO GET TO WORK.

I'm shocked it didn't come up in conversation... ::exitstageleft::

Balmy 33 here this morning with no rain and supposed to get up to 47. Have some errands to run, so I may fire up the scooter.  ;DDressed appropriately, of course.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2018, 10:58:36 AM »
Yes and no.  Refrigerator fan not delivered, according to repairman this morning.  I'm not expecting him to get his ass, and the part, here until Monday.  He made me snort to m'self on the phone as he opined on how horrible my street probably is (and it is), judging by the local streets 'round his house, he said, and what I didn't rub in his face was that my horrible street is the same one Gunsmith's traveled for the last two days TO GET TO WORK.

Lazy, scaredy-cat bastid.

'S okay; G. rigged up a fan inside of the back to blow air on the compressor to keep it on the cool side, so the box is plugged in and running right now.

Southerners can't drive in this stuff and are scared of it. People that grew up in the north see it as another winters day. I really can't blame them.

Right now in Conn. people are screaming for plumbers to fix broken pipes even though they kept the thermostat a 65 degrees to save a buck and can't understand why the damned hose is cold. and HVAC guys cause the furnace that they haven't has service in years crapped out.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2018, 05:47:16 PM »

Two inches?

To be fair, with all the imported Minnesotans, it's a riot there, also.  At least until the crews get out.  There are always hundreds of accidents whenever it snows.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2018, 05:59:53 PM »

Two inches?

To be fair, with all the imported Minnesotans, it's a riot there, also.  At least until the crews get out.  There are always hundreds of accidents whenever it snows.

Maybe they don't have snow in Somalia.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2018, 11:56:38 PM »
Southerners can't drive in this stuff and are scared of it. People that grew up in the north see it as another winters day. I really can't blame them.

Tough noogies, John.  The guy has a business and he needs to man up and get the hell out and service his customers, askeered of the iffy roads that my husband has already traveled to get to HIS work or not.

I'll tell you what:  come Monday, I'm finding out if he has the fan, and if so, I'll be going to get it and the G-man will install it himself ....... or I will.

And two, I'm finding another appliance repair guy.

Jeez loweez.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2018, 10:58:03 AM »

Two inches?

Maybe they don't have snow in Somalia.

They don't have civilization either.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2018, 10:59:44 AM »

Tough noogies, John.  The guy has a business and he needs to man up and get the hell out and service his customers, askeered of the iffy roads that my husband has already traveled to get to HIS work or not.

I'll tell you what:  come Monday, I'm finding out if he has the fan, and if so, I'll be going to get it and the G-man will install it himself ....... or I will.

Jeez loweez.

Just tell the guy...to turn in his man-card.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2018, 01:34:46 PM »

Jeez loweez.

And that's why I do most of it myself.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2018, 02:11:13 PM »
When I grew up we just had cold weather.
In recent years the 'polar vortex' was invented.
Now even that is not good enough. We have the 'bomb cyclone.'

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/weather/2018/01/04/bomb-cyclone-slams-east-coast/109152974/

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2018, 02:52:13 PM »
They keep trying to scare us, like this narrative and its newest scary words will cause us to drop to our knees and accept their Climate Cult Mantra as our savior and surrender our lives and fortunes to the globalist fascist cabal...

That may work on the easily manipulated minds of left-leaning drones...

But I suspect their numbers are over-represented and therefor the impact of the Overlords is equally over-represented...and in many quarters (like mine) openly and vehemently rejected, stymied and derailed.

To rebellion!   ::beertoast::

Online Syzygy

« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2018, 10:19:36 PM »
When I grew up we just had cold weather.
In recent years the 'polar vortex' was invented.
Now even that is not good enough. We have the 'bomb cyclone.'

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/weather/2018/01/04/bomb-cyclone-slams-east-coast/109152974/

I'm gettin' about sick of the dreaded "wind chill factor",  too.  The wind chill factor don't mean squat.  It's whatever the ambient temperature would feel like if there was a wind,  and it was blowing on bare skin.  So,  if you are stupid enough to go out in the cold buck nekkid,  you might have reason to take notice of the wind chill factor,  but I doubt it. 

Now,  it's reported more than the actual temps:  ...."it'll feel like minus 9 million degrees in Vermont...".    National maps of nothing but "what it will feel like".   If I've seen one I've seen a thousand this past week.  And I can't recall any national ACTUAL low temp maps.  Idiocy. 

They showed several maps that included my AO,  complete with "what it will feel like"/wind chill numbers,   and there wasn't even any wind blowing,  nor had there been.     ::facepalm::

The Fake News MSM's sensationalist journalism practices took hold in the weather room,  years ago.  And it continues unabated:  they needed a similar made up phenomenon for the summertime,  so now we got the "heat index".   ::pullhair::

Just give me the hard numbers,  please.  My old hairy ass is perfectly capable of determining what "it feels like",  thank you.  It's had years of practice.   ::oldman::
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 10:24:48 PM by Syzygy »

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2018, 07:22:09 AM »
It's all scare-mongering to pimp the climate cult and make it easier for parasites to feed off extorted taxpayer funds in order for all in the cabal to enrich themselves and their fellow travelers.

Wait till they meet the Bomb Hammer and Supersonic Metallic Hailstorm!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2018, 11:49:08 AM »
  They make themselves look ridiculous.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2018, 03:05:29 PM »
They're naming warm weather storms now.  And don't get me started on the term "rain showers".  It's RAIN, period

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2018, 03:10:18 PM »

http://manhattancontrarian.com/blog/2018/1/5/in-climate-science-predictions-are-hard-especially-about-the-future
In Climate Science, Predictions Are Hard, Especially About The Future
January 05, 2018/ Francis Menton

http://www.noaa.gov/media-release/us-winter-outlook-noaa-forecasters-predict-cooler-wetter-north-and-warmer-drier-south?utm_source=CCNet+Newsletter&utm_campaign=4ece384c05-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_01_05&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_fe4b2f45ef-4ece384c05-36435109
October 19, 2017 Forecasters at NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center released the U.S. Winter Outlook today,

U.S. Winter Outlook: NOAA forecasters predict cooler, wetter North and warmer, drier South

Warmer-than-normal conditions are most likely across the southern two-thirds of the continental U.S., along the East Coast, across Hawaii and in western and northern Alaska.

http://www.noaa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/IMAGE-Outlook-map-temp2017Flt2-101917-3300x2576-original_0.jpg

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2018, 05:17:25 PM »
They're naming warm weather storms now.  And don't get me started on the term "rain showers".  It's RAIN, period

Yup it's like sauce and gravy!!
 Filippo Mazzie

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2018, 06:54:13 PM »
Brrrrr.  48, this morning.

::pimp::

Local media is freaking out.  I can almost hear the WCCO klaxon blairing.