Author Topic: Bill Nye the Fake Science Guy - Blue states will sanction denier Red states!  (Read 1776 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
https://www.weaselzippers.us/369423-bill-nye-blue-states-will-impose-economic-sanctions-against-climate-change-denying-states/

Yup, sure they will, sub-human troll!   ::hysterical::

He must have gotten another honorarium from the Grand Poohbahs of the Church of Gaia and the Holy Shakedown!

https://www.weaselzippers.us/369581-report-claims-the-earth-will-become-a-desert-without-paris-climate-deal/

::ohno::

::laughonfloor::

::rolllaughing::

More CO2 coming at ya!   ::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero

I don't know what he means by 'sanctions.'  States tried to give economic preference to their own state vs others long ago. The SCOTUS  struck down most of these. I only recall one. Some state had a law that said that landfills in their state would only accept garbage from within their state. It was struck down.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
A timely subject, I just completed a biography of Richard Henry Lee (the first to officially call for Independence in the 2nd Continental Congress), and his arguments for Virginia to not ratify the Constitution and his likely authorship of the "the federal farmer" pamphlets that became part of the "Anti-Federalist Papers" marked Lee along with Patrick Henry and George Clinton as prominent anti-federalists, but their arguments seem to have merit now that hindsight can be applied - the central government had too much power and the Executive with the Senate would become the American Aristocracy dominating over millions of people not just state sovereignty, the lifetime appointment to courts without juries (the appellate courts including the Supreme Court) would be injurious to Liberty and the lack of a Bill of Rights just added more fuel to the prospects of individual Liberty.  Lee argued for Compact Federalism on a model similar to the Swiss Federation of the time.  When Madison shocked the Federalists in the new Congress and joined anti-federalist calls for a Bill of Rights he wisely saw it as beneficial to add them, saw that it eased relations between factions and proved the amendment process can work.

Since then, the Courts have solidified Federalism as we know it, which is not of the Compact variety.

Fletcher v. Peck (1810) was the first time SCOTUS shot down a state law.  The Marshall Court used the contract clause to shoot down a state law and reaffirmed individual property rights, which seemed to indicate it sided properly.

In Martin v. Hunter's Lessee (1816) the Marshall Court (as written by Joseph Story since Marshall recused himself) asserted Federal Court supremacy (see clause) over state courts for the first time.

In McCulloch v. Maryland (1819) the Marshall Court set another big precedent by citing the Necessary and Proper clause to strike down the tax scheme the state of Maryland came up with against the Bank of the US, Marshall said the bank was created by Congress properly, that individuals in states had sovereignty not the states, he broadened the interpretation of the Necessary and Proper clause and used it to strike down the state action as the federal Congress has authority to act on its enumerated powers so long as it does not violate any limit in the Constitution.

This last one is a mixed bag, but the broader interpretation of the N&P clause and lack of express limitations in the Constitution (which the Founders never thought would be necessary for a nation populated with educated people with arms and a unwavering jealous love of Liberty) made it easier for more malicious and mendacious characters in coming years to exploit.  So we went from affirming federal power and personal liberty to an erosion of the later to be benefit of the former...because of codified precedents built brick by brick.

Some battles never go away, they just rise and fall...a final reckoning will come...one day.

But...Bill Nye the Stupid Guy and his silly scheme have no chance.  That idiot is barking at the moon!

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
A timely subject, I just completed a biography of Richard Henry Lee (the first to officially call for Independence in the 2nd Continental Congress), and his arguments for Virginia to not ratify the Constitution and his likely authorship of the "the federal farmer" pamphlets that became part of the "Anti-Federalist Papers" marked Lee along with Patrick Henry and George Clinton as prominent anti-federalists, but their arguments seem to have merit now that hindsight can be applied - the central government had too much power and the Executive with the Senate would become the American Aristocracy dominating over millions of people not just state sovereignty, the lifetime appointment to courts without juries (the appellate courts including the Supreme Court) would be injurious to Liberty and the lack of a Bill of Rights just added more fuel to the prospects of individual Liberty.  Lee argued for Compact Federalism on a model similar to the Swiss Federation of the time.  When Madison shocked the Federalists in the new Congress and joined anti-federalist calls for a Bill of Rights he wisely saw it as beneficial to add them, saw that it eased relations between factions and proved the amendment process can work.

I do not know much about this area. Once on vacation I came across a remaindered book.
Who Killed the Constitution?: The Federal Government vs. American Liberty from World War I to Barack Obama Paperback – July 7, 2009 by Thomas E. Woods (Author),? Kevin R. C. Gutzman (Author)

It was better than expected and had lots of surprises for me.  The anti-sedition laws of WWI were surprising.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

I do not know much about this area. Once on vacation I came across a remaindered book.
Who Killed the Constitution?: The Federal Government vs. American Liberty from World War I to Barack Obama Paperback – July 7, 2009 by Thomas E. Woods (Author),? Kevin R. C. Gutzman (Author)

It was better than expected and had lots of surprises for me.  The anti-sedition laws of WWI were surprising.

That puking-dog Wilson, that and the preceding Espionage Act is all on that walking diaper-stain and the progressives!  Teddy, HC Lodge all opposed it!  As now there were sufficient laws on the books to punish evil-doers.  How many so-called progressives today realize it was their heroes of yesteryear that put in place fascist-style anti-liberty laws that they ascribe to others?!  Effing few if any!  Which gives me more reason to despise their very existence!

Woods I believe is a solid Libertarian, Gutzman I am not familiar with but the character of other tomes linked to him indicate he is of a like mind, so I am sure that production framed things correctly.  Thanks for the post, I'll have to check out some of their work.