Author Topic: "SEAL Team Six" Author Interview  (Read 2096 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
"SEAL Team Six" Author Interview
« on: May 24, 2011, 09:46:31 AM »
LINK

Good interview. Probably a good book, too.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: "SEAL Team Six" Author Interview
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 11:20:27 AM »
Thanks, trap.  Went to request my library purchase it and they already have it on order.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 11:26:03 AM »
"He (Bin Laden) was killed based on his actions in that room, not what he did to us on 9/11."

But later on the satisfaction that you cut off the head of the snake has to be gratifying.

"The only caveat to that would be if there are surviving family members from 9/11 who, if it would help them get on with their lives to see this man dead, then maybe those are the only people who should be allowed to see them in a dark room somewhere."

Interesting take on the issue of the pictures and I do not disagree with it in theory, but if it gives people satisfaction to see pictures of a dead UBL so that they can move on with their lives, cannot that same courtesy be offered to other Americans as well?  Perhaps if there is a dedicated pay-site to view them and secure them so they cannot be copied in any way and have the proceeds go toward 9-11 victim fund and/or memorial, I'd go for that!

Reading Lone Survivor (see link) was a heck of a read, I will have to order this book as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Lone-Survivor-Eyewitness-Account-Operation/dp/0316067598

Link for SEAL Team Six -

http://www.amazon.com/SEAL-Team-Six-Memoirs-Sniper/dp/031269945X
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 03:32:11 AM »
As far as I'm concerned any U.S. Taxpayer who wants to see them ( pictures of Bin Laden's reorganized skull ) should be allowed to do so . After all ... they footed the bill !

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 09:33:59 AM »
From Link:
Q: You were badly wounded in Somalia and forced to retire. You’re now a chiropractor in Georgia. Do you miss the old life?

A: There was a time when I did. In a really dark hour, I did. And when I found out this happened, I was in my living room walking through the scenario and thinking, “God, I wish that could have been me.”

A chiropractor in Georgia. Not some mal-adjusted, drug addicted, trained killer. When his time is up for military service, his service continues as a healer. These are special men, indeed.

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.