Author Topic: I think I’m done  (Read 6401 times)

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
I think I’m done
« on: December 10, 2017, 09:25:40 PM »
I think I’m done with the pursuit of understanding my brother.

Being immersed in leadership development, in the last four months I’ve either spoken for, done seminars for & mentored men from Haiti, Dominican, Liberia & Kenya (most now American citizens, one a pastor still in Liberia).  One of the Liberian pastors has requested that I mentor his son. I also made a presentation to an urban college to be a guest lecturer on financial literacy (a topic, they said, was sorely lacking in the undergraduates attending classes there).

I say that to set the stage for what I am about to say. The level of hunger, learning & self-improvement from blacks originating from countries other than the United States is outstanding. They want to learn. They want better information. They understand that better information leads to better understanding, belief, actions and…results. They don’t carry the indoctrinated baggage that their American black counterparts cling to.

They do not wear a victim lens. And they understand that if they do - that they are the ONLY ones who can change their own perspective as a means to improving their lot in life.

This past Wednesday, I had lunch with a prominent black pastor in an urban city not too far from me. I did so with the expectation of duplicating my success with his truly African counterparts. I had attended a seminar led by him, previewed one of his sermons & talked with some of his congregants prior to the lunch. The lunch, though cordial, revealed much about his thought process: Social Justice, Micro-Aggression & a sense of entitlement that simmered below his love for Christ. He told me that Jesus spoke more on Social Justice than nearly anything else, that blacks needed an equity stake in our culture and attempted to whitewash their high incarceration rate with mumbo-jumbo. 

I stated that I, personally, could do nothing to right past wrongs, but could offer a seminar that offered improved skill sets from moving on from the here & now. His response was that that kind of language/phraseology would get me into trouble due to the inequality of opportunity afforded people of color in these United States.

At least my Feta-Cheese omelet with home-fries & rye toast agreed with me!

He had issues with my criticism of culture (I recently tweeted about the sexual harassment issues coming out of the woodwork). Yet he continues to criticize & blames “culture” for the plight of his people.

I did not take this meeting naively. The seminar I attended did have me as the only Caucasian in the group – but it was well run & the small group break-out sessions were well organized. They, as a group, have issues with the women taking leadership roles in the household. When asked (I was purposefully silent - waiting to be asked), I suggested that that was because they had abdicated their role & were no longer messaging & modeling the role of a family leader.

I think that, for the most part, American blacks are a totally lost cause. They, though they might profess a love for Jesus Christ, have bought into a heritage & habit-pattern that does not serve their long-term interests as a people group. Nor does it serve an “abundance” mentality or a mindset to thrive. They want to scapegoat, bitch, whine & moan their way to freedom.

And, ironically, it’s that very mentality that enslaves them & keeps them forever shackled to their past.

American blacks who self-identify as "African-Americans" do a disservice to Africans. Their former, proud heritage is now lost on them.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: I think I’m done
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 09:50:48 PM »
I've experienced a touch of what you describe Pablo. I went back to school in the mid 90's and had several Africans as fellow students. The difference in attitude was truly remarkable. These men were focused and dedicated to improving themselves and sincere about providing a better life for their families.

The American 'culture' has become so corrosive I lament for the future.

"We have met the enemy and he is us."

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 10:15:53 PM »
I've experienced a touch of what you describe Pablo. I went back to school in the mid 90's and had several Africans as fellow students. The difference in attitude was truly remarkable. These men were focused and dedicated to improving themselves and sincere about providing a better life for their families.

It both breaks my heart & galvanizes me simultaneously.

My sense of "Dude you could be so much greater than you are if you'd just stop whining" on the one hand & irritation at white pastors who, in fear on alienating segments of their congregation, are preaching on social justice & accepting a slice of "White Privilege" Shepherd's pie for supper, on the other.

I will no longer waste time with people who are wasting their own.
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 11:14:19 PM »
My doctor for a few years was an African fellow - Dr. Anugwam. When I first met him, he said, "Call me Dr. A." Brilliant man. Kind, smart, funny, professional. You could tell he loved being a doctor; that he was living out what he felt was the calling of his life. He spoke with the absolute thickest African accent you can imagine, but he spoke with such care and clarity, I could always understand every word he said. Can't say as much for Americanized-Africans.

I was bummed when Dr. A moved on, but delighted with my Jewish Dr. Abraham Whom I've seen for the past few years. Now he'll be retiring, so we'll see who's next.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline NHTom

• I don't fit in your fasces
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 02:08:18 AM »

My sense of "Dude you could be so much greater than you are if you'd just stop whining" on the one hand & irritation at white pastors who, in fear on alienating segments of their congregation, are preaching on social justice & accepting a slice of "White Privilege" Shepherd's pie for supper, on the other.

I'm sorry, but only one attitude is allowed here.  Any deviation will result in ostracism.  Get back in line.  We have a utopia to build here.

Slavery is back.  But now the chains are simply more sophisticated - and maddening.

Still, it's heartening to hear that it's not an inherently racial thing, especially after what I hear about South Africa.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 09:15:10 AM »
It's hard to feel sorry for people who put chains on themselves, attach blinders to their heads and filter everything through a dirty filter...

It is tragic and infuriating...but people have to want to remove their self-imposed impediments...they'll never do so otherwise...

It is what it is...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 04:04:54 PM »

I'm sorry, but only one attitude is allowed here.  Any deviation will result in ostracism.  Get back in line.  We have a utopia to build here.

Slavery is back.  But now the chains are simply more sophisticated - and maddening.

Still, it's heartening to hear that it's not an inherently racial thing, especially after what I hear about South Africa.

Yea well I've been ostracized on so many times I've gotten to prefer it ;'}

:o

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 07:23:17 AM »
I find this very interesting...

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/11/16761016/former-facebook-exec-ripping-apart-society

...and I think it is because it is helping to break societal norms - the nuclear (hetero) family unit, Christianity, individual rights and God-given freedoms - that is essential for the Left to conquer what has been divided, and by censoring anti-Leftist thoughts and beliefs they help steer the carnage.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 08:38:56 AM »
PS-Pablo, next time...use this to conclude your post.   ;)

::thumbsup::

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 08:54:17 AM »
Via Instapundit this morning.. (H/T INstapundit)

http://captaincapitalism.blogspot.com/2017/11/the-left-punishes-itselfmercilessly-and.html

The point is, even if you gathered all of your republican, conservative, libertarian and simply "non-leftists" buddies, and sat and conspired for weeks to concoct the most painful, horrific, devastating form of revenge on just ONE single leftist, the level of revenge you would exact wouldn't even compare to the lives leftists have chosen to live for themselves.  And the reason why is that living outside the real world of economics, romance, love, logic, psychology, sex, friendship, and career ensures you will ruin those things forever in your life.  And not only will you ruin them, they will torture you in every single one of those capacities until you are dead.  Your life will not merely be "wasted" like a happy drunk or pothead, it will be TORTURED as your adamant and desperate belief in leftism never jives with reality.  Again, if you think about it, it's a punishment you'd think twice about meting.

So this Christmas, and for the rest of your life, do not let leftists or the fact they're "getting free money" or "vote against freedom" or "vote to increase your taxes" lessen your finite time on this planet.  Though they'll never admit it, they are getting punished ENOUGH.  Just be happy and take solace in the sanity, serenity, and good mental health that comes with living in the real world.  And as the impoverished single mom feminist screams at you on the internet, or the black nurse says white women should kill their babies, or a university allows you to "self-identify" as a different race, just pour yourself a drink, throw on some jazz, appreciate your non-leftist friends, share this post with some fellow conservatives and enjoy the decline

I had one of my facebook "friends" say she missed having a human in the White House  last night.  I briefly considered writing something to the effect of  "I miss having a civil society where I wasn't assumed to be subhuman because I had different opinions"  or "Don't like Trump, this is how you get more Trump" - But I didn't bother ( see how I have grown)   

I just do not care. And yes, this woman is single and late forties. She brought another woman friend of mine on a date to a wedding - not because she is gay, but because she couldn't get a male date. . She is not and never will be happy, and each day that goes by more and more conservatives are (finally)  coming to the realization that  the society is doomed, it can't get better till we hit bottom, that trying to be fair or decent to these people is a non-starter and that actually engaging these people is completely pointless. Believe me - discovering that they are irrelevant to you deals the best , hardest blow you can deliver to their egos.

see Also

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2017/12/11/woke-conservatives-and-the-awesome-power-of-not-caring-n2420738

Have you noticed that if you fail to do, think, and vote exactly the way that the liberals and their Fredocon minions demand, you’re a racist, sexist, homophobic, child molesting, greedy, NRA terrorist determined to murder kids? Yeah, you probably have. And you’ve probably also realized that if you do everything that the liberals and their Never Trump minions demand, you’re still a racist, sexist, homophobic, child molesting, greedy, NRA terrorist determined to murder kids.

When you understand that, you’re on your way to being conservative woke.

And when you’re conservative woke, you’re ready to deploy the most powerful non-bullet firing weapon in your liberty-loving arsenal – your devastating capability not to give a damn what the liberals and their Conservative, Inc., cruise-shilling Benedict Arnold buddies say.

When you don’t care anymore, they got nothing.....

Donald J. Trump is the avatar of our not caring. Remember, he knows these elitist goofs better than we ever will, and no one has less respect for them. He was in there among them for decades as they sucked up to him and his dough. He dealt with, exploited, and now endlessly owns, the pompous, arrogant, and impotent press.

He knows exactly who these would be arbiters of morality and decency are. And The Donald is not impressed.

And there you have it - the Skill Trump was elected for- stated plainly and concisely.  The Avatar of No longer giving a Sh*t.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 11:53:30 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 11:28:29 AM »
Yeah...all that "turn the other cheek" stuff makes sense in the general day-to-day...most run-of-the-mill libiot sheeple out there are not worth much of an effort...karma will deal with those ignorant wretches in massive batches when the SHTF...unless they get in my way to be an ass I'm not seeking them out...those that should and must know better - the tainted-water-carriers - now or later they deserve special attention, as do their masters above them.  But as the good book says, for every time there is a season...

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2017, 05:31:27 PM »
Interesting: I increased my Linked-In network by 2 this afternoon: both scholarly men from Israel - and it got me thinking about this thread.

This question would create a spark or two:

"Mr. 'African American', how do you suppose the Jewish people have overcome all they've been through, as a race: slavery in Egypt,, lost for 40 years in the desert, & then Stalin & Hitler exterminating millions of their people...and yet they've re-established themselves* & picked themselves up...yet you're still making excuses for your lack of tangible results?"

[* Save the fact that there aren't many Jewish NBA/NFL players]
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 05:36:05 PM by Pablo de Fleurs »

Offline NHTom

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2017, 03:52:22 AM »
Interesting: I increased my Linked-In network by 2 this afternoon: both scholarly men from Israel - and it got me thinking about this thread.

"Mr. 'African American', how do you suppose the Jewish people have overcome all they've been through, as a race: slavery in Egypt,, lost for 40 years in the desert, & then Stalin & Hitler exterminating millions of their people...and yet they've re-established themselves* & picked themselves up...yet you're still making excuses for your lack of tangible results?"

What you're missing is that the African-American community has suffered egregious humiliation and disadvantage hitherto unseen in this world.

The left decided to "help" them.

As we've seen, nothing has proven to be nearly as toxic as that.

Margaret Sanger would approve.

I wonder if they think that's what they're doing "for" Islam

Offline NHTom

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2017, 04:17:25 AM »

http://captaincapitalism.blogspot.com/2017/11/the-left-punishes-itselfmercilessly-and.html

The point is, even if you gathered all of your republican, conservative, libertarian and simply "non-leftists" buddies, and sat and conspired for weeks to concoct the most painful, horrific, devastating form of revenge on just ONE single leftist, the level of revenge you would exact wouldn't even compare to the lives leftists have chosen to live for themselves.  And the reason why is that living outside the real world of economics, romance, love, logic, psychology, sex, friendship, and career ensures you will ruin those things forever in your life.  And not only will you ruin them, they will torture you in every single one of those capacities until you are dead.  Your life will not merely be "wasted" like a happy drunk or pothead, it will be TORTURED as your adamant and desperate belief in leftism never jives with reality.  Again, if you think about it, it's a punishment you'd think twice about meting.

So this Christmas, and for the rest of your life, do not let leftists or the fact they're "getting free money" or "vote against freedom" or "vote to increase your taxes" lessen your finite time on this planet.  Though they'll never admit it, they are getting punished ENOUGH.  Just be happy and take solace in the sanity, serenity, and good mental health that comes with living in the real world.  And as the impoverished single mom feminist screams at you on the internet, or the black nurse says white women should kill their babies, or a university allows you to "self-identify" as a different race, just pour yourself a drink, throw on some jazz, appreciate your non-leftist friends, share this post with some fellow conservatives and enjoy the decline
"Jiving with reality."  Reference Stefan Molyneux.  My apologies for getting preachy.

Two ways to approach life:  Through philosophy and through sophistry.
Philosophy: you use logic and reason to describe reality - adjust as new data becomes available.
Sophistry: Use emotional arguments to bully to get your way.  Double down whenever confronted.

Quiz:  Which school of thought believes that socialism hasn't worked other places simply because they had the wrong people in place?  It's only fair....

This "war" has been going on for millennia.

Enjoy the decline?  I disagree.  It's a lot easier and possible to hold onto freedom than to lose it and fight to get it back.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 04:24:53 AM by NHTom »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2017, 07:31:30 AM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2017, 07:32:56 AM »

What you're missing is that the African-American community has suffered egregious humiliation and disadvantage hitherto unseen in this world.

The left decided to "help" them.

As we've seen, nothing has proven to be nearly as toxic as that.

Margaret Sanger would approve.

I wonder if they think that's what they're doing "for" Islam
[/b]

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2017, 07:39:52 AM »

"Jiving with reality."  Reference Stefan Molyneux.  My apologies for getting preachy.

Two ways to approach life:  Through philosophy and through sophistry.
Philosophy: you use logic and reason to describe reality - adjust as new data becomes available.
Sophistry: Use emotional arguments to bully to get your way.  Double down whenever confronted.

Quiz:  Which school of thought believes that socialism hasn't worked other places simply because they had the wrong people in place?  It's only fair....

This "war" has been going on for millennia.

Enjoy the decline?  I disagree.  It's a lot easier and possible to hold onto freedom than to lose it and fight to get it back.

Talk about a echo chamber...

::hysterical::

Unfortunately the destroyed republic and destroyed lives are real...

There will be no forgiveness, no quarter...no mercy.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2017, 09:21:02 AM »

In my opinion, that is totally dependent upon whether the freedom you're holding onto actually exists, or if your grasping at freedom you once had with longing and nostalgia, and are blinded to the fact that it is already gone in all but facade.

I wouldn't suggest it's not worth fighting to restore liberty. But I think we're already in the fighting to get it back stage. Holding on is not enough. For all intents and purposes, Liberty is gone, and that means things wll get worse before they get better.

The one thing I know: the more you do of what you're doing, the more you get of what you've already got. The myriad issues we have as a nation and as a culture will not be solved by voting; by politics. The enemies of liberty will not stop attacking liberty because of what we do in the voting booth. Therefore, fixing the problem will require non-political measures, and in order for that to manifest, things will have to get worse before they can ever start getting better.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2017, 12:02:05 PM »
Therefore, fixing the problem will require non-political measures, and in order for that to manifest, things will have to get worse before they can ever start getting better.

I hear that (2A?) future solution. In the meantime, as I stated to the pastor: I can't personally change the past, but I can point people to a better future. We can build a different mindset; a more congruent perspective. If that is then translated into micro-aggression, there's absolutely nothing I can do.

I also confirms my internal belief that blacks clinging to the past offers a greater payout than waking up to take personal responsibility to the path forward. It devolves to "racket"...no matter how much they attempt to inject Jesus into the picture.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2017, 03:50:25 PM »
Deep breath...all will be well...it will all be sorted out soon enough...