Author Topic: Rove, Krauthammer & more 2012  (Read 1536 times)

charlesoakwood

Rove, Krauthammer & more 2012
« on: May 24, 2011, 10:55:45 AM »
Stephen Clark’s remark:

[blockquote]
“Rove and Krauthammer amuse me with their response to Herman Cain. Since when has it become self-evident that a man with the professional accomplishments of Herman Cain is unfit to hold the office of President for not having spent the better part of his life as an elected politician and has, unforgivably, remained unknown to the likes of Rove and Krauthammer? Paging Professor Codevilla.”
[blockquote]

Karl Rove is the Architect of . . . what, really? A campaign that squeaked past Al Gore by the barest of margins in 2000, and ...
Rove’s disparagement of Cain, then, is to be taken with a grain of salt. Charles Krauthammer once worked for Walter Mondale. ‘Nuff said.

Bill Kristol’s pining for the Great Rescuer is, I think, ...

It's About Liberty link to article

HT: The Other McCain
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 11:08:15 AM by Charles Oakwood »

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Rove, Krauthammer & more 2012
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 11:00:34 AM »

Stephen Clark’s remark:

[blockquote]
“Rove and Krauthammer amuse me with their response to Herman Cain. Since when has it become self-evident that a man with the professional accomplishments of Herman Cain is unfit to hold the office of President for not having spent the better part of his life as an elected politician and has, unforgivably, remained unknown to the likes of Rove and Krauthammer? Paging Professor Codevilla.”
[blockquote]

Karl Rove is the Architect of . . . what, really? A campaign that squeaked past Al Gore by the barest of margins in 2000, and ...
Rove’s disparagement of Cain, then, is to be taken with a grain of salt. Charles Krauthammer once worked for Walter Mondale. ‘Nuff said.

Bill Kristol’s pining for the Great Rescuer is, I think, ...

It's About Freedom link to article

HT: The Other McCain

*(It's About Liberty)
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 11:09:14 AM »

::gaah::

Thanks

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 11:10:47 AM »
Rove....has become irritating. Elite class boob.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 11:31:04 AM »
I don't call that ass The Butthead just for giggles, he is an arrogant self-aggrandizing elitist POS!

And his Rovian minions can bugger off as well.

I am not letting these Ruling Class SOB's highjack any more elections!

::cussing::

::mooning::

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 08:07:27 PM »
Although Rove did push GWB over the goal line in 2000 and 2004 it was, yes, by the slimmest of margins.

Then, compounding the problem, he refused to implement a plan to react to the MFM's treatment of GWB, allowing his approval rating to plummet. This arguably helped to create an atmosphere that allowed a communist boob to be elected president. Granted, McCain was an absolutely moronic candidate but it just might have been different if the electorate wasn't under the impression that the Republican brand was incompetent and corrupt when clearly it was (and is) the better of the two choices.

I know, it's not that simple. There were many more factors that went into the election of O'Bama. Nevertheless, Rove held a position of great power and did not do enough to prevent the oncoming electoral disaster.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 08:34:29 PM »
it just might have been different if the electorate wasn't under the impression that the Republican brand was incompetent and corrupt when clearly it was (and is) the better of the two choices.

I know, it's not that simple. There were many more factors that went into the election of O'Bama. Nevertheless, Rove held a position of great power and did not do enough to prevent the oncoming electoral disaster.

You could say that he encapsulates everything that is wrong with the Republican Party, that he personifies the attitude of the party leadership as a whole. I could see the writing on the wall with the second Bush term, that the demonization had so deeply penetrated the news cycle and pop culture that the next President was virtually guaranteed to be "whoever is not the Republican". The liberals clearly knew this as well, and seized the opportunity to install the most left wing candidate they could. The circumstances that made this possible are, as you point out, largely the fault of Rove and company.

That's another reason I can't deal with Hannity anymore. He's always having Rove on his show and treating him with this meek deference that just irks me. Rush on the other hand has had nothing positive to say about Rove ever since that infamous denouncement of O'Donnell immediately after her primary victory in Delaware. As I recall Rove had actually been a guest host for Limbaugh not too long before that incident, too. I don't think The Butthead will ever sit behind the Golden Microphone again.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 08:41:58 PM »
I don't know if that show was before or after the famous post 2006 election monologue. On that day he said this:

LIMBAUGH: Now, I mentioned to you at the conclusion of the previous hour that people have been asking me how I feel all night long. And I got, "Boy, Rush, I wouldn't want to be you tomorrow. Boy, I wouldn't want to have to do your show. Boy, I'm so glad I'm not you." Well, folks, I love being me. I can't be anybody else, so I'm stuck with it. But the way I feel is this: I feel liberated, and I'm just going to tell you as plainly as I can why. I no longer am going to have to carry the water for people who I don't think deserve having their water carried. Now, you might say, "Well, why have you been doing it?" Because the stakes are high. Even though the Republican Party let us down, to me they represent a far better future for my beliefs and therefore the country's than the Democrat Party does and liberalism.

It is certain that Rove was counted among those he was referring to.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 08:51:32 PM »
Also unlikely to ever sit behind the golden EIB microphone: Chris Matthews.

That was back in pre-GWB days, before he went nuts.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 09:18:42 PM »
"Rush on the other hand has had nothing positive to say about Rove ever since that infamous denouncement of O'Donnell immediately after her primary victory in Delaware."

That showed me all I needed about Rove.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 09:19:05 PM »
Rush on the other hand has had nothing positive to say about Rove ever since that infamous denouncement of O'Donnell immediately after her primary victory in Delaware.

I remember that, and it was absolutely unforgivable.  I supported O'Donnell and contributed to her campaign.  I don't know whether she could have won if she had had the support of the Republican establishment, but they pretty much made it clear that they didn't want her to win.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 09:44:45 PM »
You gotta love those self fulfilling prophesy things.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 10:26:34 PM »

There were intimations, by some non-biased, that her campaign was a bit disorganized.  OK, she was small town, small state, smaller pocketbook. KARL, if a professional big time pol had lent the little girl a hand don't you think she might have won big time? 

I do.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 10:29:53 PM »

There were intimations, by some non-biased, that her campaign was a bit disorganized.  OK, she was small town, small state, smaller pocketbook. KARL, if a professional big time pol had lent the little girl a hand don't you think she might have won big time? 

I do.

yeah, but Rove and his ilk aren't for the little guy/gal so he's not for me either.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 10:41:56 PM »

I do.

I do too. We know it wouldn't have ended any worse, anyway. That's what really makes me question the motives of those who attack particular Republican candidates. It's pretty clear that they would prefer the Democrat win rather than the "wrong" Republican, and yeah I'm keeping a mental ledger of these types for future reference.

I just don't get it. If you think a candidate is unqualified, too "odd" (their code for evangelicals), or even an outright idiot, fine. Just voice your displeasure by being quiet and withholding your active material support. What you don't do is actively disparage the candidate, knowing that the Democrats salivate over the opportunity to cite you as an example of "even fellow Republicans" who find the candidate too <whatever>. This is doubly true when the candidate has already won the primary! What possible motive could there be in attacking a candidate who has already won the primary but to derail their effort versus the Democrat? It really and truly is Ruling Class vs. grassroots.

See also: Lisa Murkowski vs. Joe Miller and the inexcusable behavior of the Republican party "leadership"
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011, 07:18:21 AM »
"It really and truly is Ruling Class vs. grassroots."

::thumbsup::

One way or another, their time is over!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.