Author Topic: Another One  (Read 6567 times)

Online paulh

• Established Member
Another One
« on: December 11, 2017, 01:22:35 PM »
From ACOC. Recommended by respected poster there. Looking for another home. First 3rd of life was school and USMC. Then 24 years with Ma Bell til a buyout. Then started my own one man shop repairing SubZero & Wolf appliances. At 73 still in biz.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Another One
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 01:28:32 PM »
Glad to have you, paulh.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 03:03:22 PM »
Welcome to you Paul. Great name you have there lol.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 03:32:33 PM »
Greetings, Paul!  :D
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 07:15:36 PM »
  Good to see you here. Jump in have fun.   ::cool::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 06:53:19 AM »
Welcome aboard!  Always good to have more Vet's too!  ::USA::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 09:44:10 AM »
What's secret to adding an avatar, nothing happens when I click the buttons??

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 10:03:56 AM »
Use the "specify avatar by URL" option. First go to a photo hosting site like photobucket or any similar site. Set up a free account, usually with simple username/password. Upload the photo you want to use to that site. Copy its URL, and paste it into the box in the "specify..." option in your profile. That should cover it.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2017, 10:47:14 AM »
I have a photobucket acct, don't see a specify avatar by URL option in my profile

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2017, 10:53:13 AM »
I have a photobucket acct, don't see a specify avatar by URL option in my profile

Hmmm... If I click on "profile" at the top of the page under my username, a drop down gives three options, one of them being "forum profile". When I click on that, the very first option it gives me is "personalized picture". That is where I can select how I want to upload my picture - the aforementioned method using a hosting service and URL being the preferred method.

Because I can't see what you're seeing, look one more time Paul, using the specific instructions I just gave. If those options are not available, I'll have to do some digging for you.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2017, 11:14:55 AM »
 ::facepalm:: I was clicking on my name. Your way worked

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2017, 11:27:13 AM »
::facepalm:: I was clicking on my name. Your way worked
::hat-tip::

- Thomas Jefferson