Welcome Visitors & New Members > Newbie Central - Introduce Yourself!

Another One

<< < (2/3) > >>

Libertas:
Welcome aboard!  Always good to have more Vet's too!  ::USA::

paulh:
What's secret to adding an avatar, nothing happens when I click the buttons??

IronDioPriest:
Use the "specify avatar by URL" option. First go to a photo hosting site like photobucket or any similar site. Set up a free account, usually with simple username/password. Upload the photo you want to use to that site. Copy its URL, and paste it into the box in the "specify..." option in your profile. That should cover it.

paulh:
I have a photobucket acct, don't see a specify avatar by URL option in my profile

IronDioPriest:

--- Quote from: paulh on December 14, 2017, 10:47:14 AM ---I have a photobucket acct, don't see a specify avatar by URL option in my profile

--- End quote ---

Hmmm... If I click on "profile" at the top of the page under my username, a drop down gives three options, one of them being "forum profile". When I click on that, the very first option it gives me is "personalized picture". That is where I can select how I want to upload my picture - the aforementioned method using a hosting service and URL being the preferred method.

Because I can't see what you're seeing, look one more time Paul, using the specific instructions I just gave. If those options are not available, I'll have to do some digging for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version