Welcome Visitors & New Members > Newbie Central - Introduce Yourself!

Another ACOC refugee. Dec 9, 2017, a day that will live in infamy

(1/4) > >>

patentlymn:
Hi all. Around 12 noon Central time Dec. 9, 2017 I could hear the death cries of my 13K posts on ACOC course through the internet.  ACOC flatlined.

I was afraid I might have to go out and talk to real people but then I heard about this site.

I live in Minneapolis area.

Pandora:
Hey!

13K posts!  Hoo boy, do we ever know how that feels; The Powerline Blog did that to us a loooong time ago.  Welcome.

You can still post here and talk to real people.   ::unknowncomic::

Alphabet Soup:
Greetings and welcome patentlymn. Did I understand correctly that ACOC was apart of Ann Coulter's site? What sort of user-base did y'all have over there?

ToddF:
The Powerline blog did it again to me on election day, last year, when they had yet another mass freakout over their own supporters.

Welcome!

patentlymn:

--- Quote from: Alphabet Soup on December 16, 2017, 06:34:58 PM ---Greetings and welcome patentlymn. Did I understand correctly that ACOC was apart of Ann Coulter's site? What sort of user-base did y'all have over there?

--- End quote ---
ACOC Ann Coulter Official Chat was a forum that could be clicked on within the AnnCoulter.com site. If you click now you get
chat.anncoulter.com’s server IP address could not be found.

I don't know about the user base. Not huge. I was once asked to summarize the ACOC people. I said they are often self taught blue collar intellectuals who were often ex-military enlisted.  Often religious.  Read a lot.

It grew in recent weeks because the Covert Conservative site was supposed to die but maybe it has a second life now. I think some former ACOC mods are on here now. They might be able to answer.

The forum would split on issues like US foreign military intervention (stand up to the Russians vs leave NATO) and law and order (police are the new gestapo vs we should take their side).

Some faded away, like those below. 
Excuse me while I get maudlin.
starman - HI physics astronomy instructor, Navy sub guy, navy then reserve. Died last year.
grumpyeo-ex defence contractor, knew everything about military planes.
griv-former navy sub sonar guy who rode the internet boom.
MN Mark-ex oilfield roughneck then deep sea saturation diver then RV park owner.
Toshtego-ex everything. Lived in CO or NM. I think he lived in a shack without hot water or somesuch. Dropped off the radar.
Og-still around kinda. Ex navy boiler tender (?) very long ago. Or was that grog? Wise. 
Doc Trock-CA chiropractor who might have moved to Uruguay. Cantankerous and I liked him.  Many on the site quarrelled with him. Pothead maybe?
Jeepers-pothead.
Women- they all drifted away as I understand it. They kept us civilized. Sad.

Others were still active and might come here.
Do you guys allow argumentative liberals here? ACOC did. You could not get kicked off just for that. Some even earned respect if they stood their ground and made some sense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version