Welcome Visitors & New Members > Newbie Central - Introduce Yourself!

Another ACOC refugee. Dec 9, 2017, a day that will live in infamy

<< < (2/4) > >>

patentlymn:

--- Quote from: ToddF on December 16, 2017, 07:12:01 PM ---The Powerline blog did it again to me on election day, last year, when they had yet another mass freakout over their own supporters.

Welcome!

--- End quote ---

I missed that Powerline news.??? They are local lawyers, the ones who kicked over the Rathergate thing. I like their blog. Good pieces. Were they never Trumpers? Scott Johnson's daughter now works for Politico I think. Maybe she went over to the dark side.  A Jewish friend informed me he is Jewish. Who knew? Scandajuvian.

Alphabet Soup:
Lefties don't tend to last long here.

We've collectively put up with their crap for so long elsewhere (including the meat world) that I believe the unspoken consensus is that we just ain't interested. That said, there's been a couple of righties who have "rubbed the fur wrong" and made themselves unwelcome too.

My personal opinion is that there are lots of places to "sharpen your blade" if arguing is important, IAL is more of a safe haven.

Weisshaupt:

--- Quote from: Alphabet Soup on December 16, 2017, 07:59:07 PM ---That said, there's been a couple of righties who have "rubbed the fur wrong" and made themselves unwelcome too.

--- End quote ---

Wait, how did I avoid being axed for that?
And why do I always miss the blade sharpening opportunities here on the rare occasions when they occur?

benb61:

--- Quote from: Weisshaupt on December 16, 2017, 10:51:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: Alphabet Soup on December 16, 2017, 07:59:07 PM ---That said, there's been a couple of righties who have "rubbed the fur wrong" and made themselves unwelcome too.

--- End quote ---

And why do I always miss the blade sharpening opportunities here on the rare occasions when they occur?

--- End quote ---

Pandora is too freaking quick.  I miss all the fun too.

Pandora:

--- Quote from: ToddF on December 16, 2017, 07:12:01 PM ---The Powerline blog did it again to me on election day, last year, when they had yet another mass freakout over their own supporters.

Welcome!

--- End quote ---

Jeez!  Do they freakin' ever learn?!

Iirc, they are/were NeverTrumpers, not that I frequent their place; when they dumped us, I dumped their url.

--- Quote from: benb61 on December 16, 2017, 11:50:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: Weisshaupt on December 16, 2017, 10:51:00 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Pandora is too freaking quick.  I miss all the fun too.

--- End quote ---

Sorry, I tend to err on the side of caution now, since I've seen other sites torn apart by the "tone police" and other Prog Tolerance.  I would hate that to happen here.

Which brings me to Weisshaupt's not being axed.  You and I and some of us may debate, we may even argue, but we pretty much stick to the issues and don't let it get personal, right?  We're all on the same side, but you sometimes see the path forward differently; same values, same goals, method variable.  Have I got it about right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version